Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22 having a rough idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 having a rough idle

I have a stock f22 in my 91 accord. When im driving down the road the car runs fine but when i stop the idle gos any where from 600 to 900 and will even shut off at times. Could it be an o2 sensor? any help would be much appreciated.

The o2 sensor has little to do with the idle.
    Look in the thread at the top of this section saying "read here first". There is a link in that thread that addresses erratic idle issues.

Comment

Does it also address the rough idle?
      Tim
      '93 Honda Accord EX Coupe
      F22A6, AT, Aluminum wheels
      This car is stock @ 128,500

Comment

I dunno. Read it and find out.

Comment

He just said it addresses that issue... Mine had that and it was a leaking by-pass hose.
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

He's being a smart-ass, because I said "erratic" in my response, when the OP said "rough".

And yes, for those that are too lazy to read the thread I referred to, yet feel the need to make a comment... the thread includes information on setting your base idle. That will fix an idle that is too high, too low, or erratic. If the idle is "rough", as in running like it has a wild cam, then there is very likely an ignition issue (such as wires in the wrong order), the physical timing is way off, or serious internal damage has occurred. All of these things can be checked with a little patience, a small amount of research, and about $30 worth of tools.

Comment

Working...
            X