Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What Mpg Are You Getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20/21 mpg HIGHWAY.
    h23 IM, automatic, CEL, and S light flashing (lock-up clutch not engaging)
    prolly worse ive seen with nothing being wrong with the motor physically (i.e. leaks or bad compression)
    -Tyler

Comment

Mine are always mixed i did the math a while back and figured out i was getting 24mpg so i put 3 gallons in my car hoping id get around 75 miles to get to school and work for a couple of days. there are times i do and times were i i barely make it to 50 and im not really driving any more aggressive or flooring it more i drive the same so idk what my exact numbers are lol

Comment

I get around 140 miles to a full tanke of gas. after full tune up.cap ' roter ' plugs ' wires ' o2 ' oil ' oil filter ' feul fillter and seafoamd it . Still 140 to a tanke. Thats around 10 mpg high way.
        Last edited by Accord problems; 02-03-2012, 02:33 AM.
        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Have a look at my write-up. Hopefully this will dispel all the questions.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...03#post2930603
          Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
          2005 Acura TSX 6MT
          2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
            20/21 mpg HIGHWAY.
            prolly worse ive seen with nothing being wrong with the motor physically (i.e. leaks or bad compression)

are u serious.....i usually get that on city only....!!!!!! mabye o2 sensor
            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
              are u serious.....i usually get that on city only....!!!!!! mabye o2 sensor
              I wonder if his CEL is throwing off his mixture. This has happened to me a few times (Especially code 43, O2) and there is nothing worst than doing a fill up only to see you got 20-25mpg.
              "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Originally posted by Oreellyfool View Post
                I wonder if his CEL is throwing off his mixture. This has happened to me a few times (Especially code 43, O2) and there is nothing worst than doing a fill up only to see you got 20-25mpg.
                the cel makes it run rich i believe.
                i am throwing code 12 for EGR because it is not there.
                -Tyler

Comment

400 miles on a full tank

Comment

i get a combined of about 25mpg and i got kind of a lead foot

Comment

the cel makes it run rich i believe.
                      i am throwing code 12 for EGR because it is not there.
                      Rich means more gas is going through the system.

I just did a quick search on another forum and lots of people report that not having your EGR gives them less than 20mpg and after hooking it up, it went back up to 30mpg.

Can you hook it up and see if that fixes your problem? You could also build a plate to go in between the EGR and the post hole, basically eliminating the EGR but taking the light off your dash.

I also have a buddy who has a skunk intake that does not have a port for the EGR, he just has his plugged in but zip tied to the intake so it does not flop around. That also eliminated his CEL light.
                      Last edited by Oreellyfool; 02-08-2012, 02:33 PM.
                      "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

20/21 mpg HIGHWAY.
                        I also have the input/main shaft sensor code with the flashing d4 light, and a bad o2 sensor, unhooked because the car needs valve seals, even still with these two codes we get 20-22mpg depending on where we get gas, its a 92 auto EX, f22a1 engine, A6 intake manifold, A4 exhaust manifold, with a intake and 2.5" exhaust to a dynamax turbo muffler. Mind you these are city miles, not much highway driving for us. The TCU is from a 94 Accord EX and it has the original transmission with 305,000 on the odometer. Hoping for a improvement in mileage considering I just did a timing belt, waterpump, balance shaft belt, distributor cap, plugs, wires, accesory belts, B&M fuel pressure regulator, rail mounted fuel gauge intake and exhaust. Really want to clean those egr ports out soon...

Comment

Working...
                        X