Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil?

My cousin has a 1991 Honda Accord EX and he wants to know the best type of oil to put in his car for peak performance. Ill listen to anything
    My Baby "CLEO", Slowly Making Her Mine

5w-30
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      5w-30
      What brand?

Comment

What ever makes your wallet happy.
        wat?

Comment

Any brand is good as long as it's quality like castrol syntec, mobil 1, etc. Personally I think royal purple is the best. As for Tranny oil if it's auto ONLY use Honda ATF.
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
            Any brand is good as long as it's quality like castrol syntec, mobil 1, etc. Personally I think royal purple is the best. As for Tranny oil if it's auto ONLY use Honda ATF.
            You can use Redline D4 or Amsoil ATF as well. Or if your using a rebuilt unit with out oem honda clutches you can use whatever you want.
            wat?

Comment

Its an automatic...so use those??

Comment

Royal Purple I definately recommend and for the tranny Honda ATF or the ones he listed as well.

Comment

Royal Purple I definately recommend and for the tranny Honda ATF or the ones he listed as well.
                  Eh Royal Purple isn't worth the excessive price. Pennzoil Full Synthetic will work good enough at a reasonable price. Also it can be had 5qts + k&n/purolator filter for around 35 bucks at advanceauto.
                  wat?

Comment

But I heard that once u use synthetic oil you can never change back and use any unsynthetic oil? Not too sure if it's true but something I was warned of.

Comment

But I heard that once u use synthetic oil you can never change back and use any unsynthetic oil? Not too sure if it's true but something I was warned of.
                      Royal Purple is Synthetic too. You can do what ever you like, you might develop a small leak or two, or you might be fine. Only one way to find out.
                      wat?

Comment

Unless your engine is going to be under extreme stress, there's really no need to use an expensive oil. Any quality oil of the correct weight will work just fine in an F22A.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Unless your engine is going to be under extreme stress, there's really no need to use an expensive oil. Any quality oil of the correct weight will work just fine in an F22A.
                          Agree. If you are not beating the engine up neither is the oil. Quality band oil and filter.
                          Tim
                          '93 Honda Accord EX Coupe
                          F22A6, AT, Aluminum wheels
                          This car is stock @ 128,500

Comment

Opinions will vary. I recommend either Mobil or Genuine OEM Honda juice. Peace.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I use Mobil Clean 5000 on the DD, change it every 5k miles and consistently get 32mpg. Engine has 257k miles and no leaks. Honda OEM Oil filter

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X