Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

black brake fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It you aren't bleeding the brakes then the order does not matter though

Hes simply changing brake fluid.

Comment

ok so when i change the braked fluid i might as well change my mc cool thanks for the info guys, i might as well change my breaks too right

Comment

No reason to change the brakes if they still have life left.

Comment

Originally posted by 13k View Post
          No.
          Driver rear. Passenger Front. Passenger rear. Driver front.
          Arent you supposed to start with the wheel thats the farthest away from the MC? That would be passenger rear.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by 13k View Post
            The correct bleeding order for our cars is LR, RF, RR LF.
            This is the way it is listed in the Honda Service Manual. I have one of the kids pumps the pedal, but also use my vacuum bleeder to capture the fluid.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

How much brake fluid would I need to completely flush the brake system?
              Would a bottle of 32 Oz do? I want to flush my Corolla too.

Thanks.

Comment

get 2 hug bottles of dot 3 fluid.it will do the trick.
                My fluid was black and had sludge at the bottom of the reservoir.i cleaned it and did a flush with alcohol and it was clean for about 3 weeks then turned back to black. Went to check my brake lines and had seen that the rubber was peeling off and there was a huge bubble on the side. i replaced both and when i took them off i noticed that they were the originals from honda.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                  get 2 hug bottles of dot 3 fluid.it will do the trick.
                  My fluid was black and had sludge at the bottom of the reservoir.i cleaned it and did a flush with alcohol and it was clean for about 3 weeks then turned back to black. Went to check my brake lines and had seen that the rubber was peeling off and there was a huge bubble on the side. i replaced both and when i took them off i noticed that they were the originals from honda.
                  Hey,
                  When you said 2 hug bottles, what are the volume in onces each bottle? Big bubble, do you mean a swollen brake hose or air bubble?
                  I assume you change the rubber hoses. What and how did you use to plug the lines while changing the hose to limit drying out the master cylinder?

Thanks.

Comment

by the huge bottles i mean by volume.My brake lines were swollen and it had a brake fluid bubble on one of them because it was weak.i wish i had pics but the outer rubber casing was peeling like a banana.When i changed them i let my master run dry which wasnt a good idea but i knew it wasnt totally empty because of the back brakes.when i finished changing them i poured fluid into the res and gravity bled the brakes.when i seen fluid, i shut the bleeder valve and proceeded to bleed them in order.And get a 10mm flare nut wrench because a regular wrench strips the hardline to the brake hose.

Comment

I checked my front rubber brake lines and they were not too bad. No swell found. It still flexible and seems fine. I think I am going to bleed them again this weekend after I make the Powerade one man bleeder bottle.
                      One thing, my rear brake shoes, the passenger side worn out more than the driver's side. It's at the service limit right now of 2mm. I am going to change it next week. The new shoes are only 4.5mm thick. Dude, 152K miles and only worn out about half.
                      My front brake pads were OEM, after 57k miles according to the service list of the previous owner, both sides still have about 80% or more left. I compared them with my new pads. I don't know, maybe he had new pads installed and not wrote it down or something. The sliders seem to work well as all pads worn with the same thickness.

Comment

thats good. sounds like the previous owner took care of your cb.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                          thats good. sounds like the previous owner took care of your cb.
                          Yeah. He's only 10 minutes from work. So very little driving. He took the car mostly to Honda certified shops. Very few others. He parked the car indoors. Lots of fine scratches though from dirty towels probably. I don't have a cover so I park it outside. So I need to wax it often.
                          Last edited by Bad_dude; 02-15-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X