Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A1 and A6 camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The a1 cam is a regular cam and the a6 cam is a wilder cam from stock and gets better rev and acceleration...I ended up swaping my head cuz its a better built head compare 2 the a1 and wit the a1 block you Will be impress with the performance you Will have

Comment

Originally posted by cmd cb7 View Post
      The a1 cam is a regular cam and the a6 cam is a wilder cam from stock and gets better rev and acceleration...I ended up swaping my head cuz its a better built head compare 2 the a1 and wit the a1 block you Will be impress with the performance you Will have
      The head castings are the same. There is no difference between the F22A1, F22A4, and F22A6 head castings. There is nothing to be gained from swapping the complete head.
      Both the A1 and A6 cams are "regular". The A6 cam does have a different profile, which makes for a SLIGHT increase in power.

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareCB7 View Post
        Yes the A1/A4 are 3A and the A6 is 4B. Ive checked all 4 of my F22s, 2x A1, 1x A4 and 1x A6.
        This thread = WIN!
        90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

This is great to know. Would have been nice to know when looking for a motor on CL since so many of them seemed to be in pieces and always looked like people had messed with them. So it would have just been a nice little check on top of the engine stamp.
          "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The head castings are the same. There is no difference between the F22A1, F22A4, and F22A6 head castings. There is nothing to be gained from swapping the complete head.
            Both the A1 and A6 cams are "regular". The A6 cam does have a different profile, which makes for a SLIGHT increase in power.
            There is only one other difference between the a1/a4 heads and the a6, the valve springs are different, its a moot point, but they are slightly different.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Yes... but that doesn't change the fact that the head castings are the same. That was the only point I was making. The A1 head is no different than the A6 head. Just the parts that are bolted on are different.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                There is only one other difference between the a1/a4 heads and the a6, the valve springs are different, its a moot point, but they are slightly different.
                And from what I read in the "valve spring" thread, the only issue with using the A4 springs in the A4 head with the A6 cam would be a need to readjust valves 2x as frequently - every 15k miles instead of 30k IIRC.

Concur?
                90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Originally posted by H.M. View Post
                  And from what I read in the "valve spring" thread, the only issue with using the A4 springs in the A4 head with the A6 cam would be a need to readjust valves 2x as frequently - every 15k miles instead of 30k IIRC.

Concur?
                  I don't think its that extreme, not if your only reving to 6.2-6.3k rpms all the time (thats where my auto shifts when WOT [I also have Bisi Springs]), if you were taking it up to 7k all the time, or using a reground cam checking/adjusting them every 15k miles would probably be a wise thing to do.
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                    I don't think its that extreme, not if your only reving to 6.2-6.3k rpms all the time (thats where my auto shifts when WOT [I also have Bisi Springs]), if you were taking it up to 7k all the time, or using a reground cam checking/adjusting them every 15k miles would probably be a wise thing to do.
                    This is probably true. It is also probably true that most of these cars haven't seen a valve adjustment in years. I wouldn't worry too much.
                    1991 LX Wagon

Comment

Working...
                    X