Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A1 and A6 camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1 and A6 camshaft

Is there a way to tell difference between the two camshaft without taking measurements and what nots? Like stamping or something?
    A&P-IA

Do you mean when the camshaft is out of the engine or inside? I would assume outside.

Comment

Camshaft out side, removed from head. Would there be part numbers stamped or embossed?
      A&P-IA

Comment

I'm not sure if you've ever noticed all over your intake manifold or engine head, you might see PT3 or PT4 on a sticker or on actually on the part as it was forged.

I just looked on Majestic Honda, since my 90 DX has an A1 engine, the center set of characters in the parts number said PT3. On a 93 EX, it said PT4 but i'm pretty sure the ECU for an A6 engine is a PT6. So either look for a PT4 or PT6.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...+-+TIMING+BELT

So when you have that cam in your hand, you might want to look at the ends of it for any engraved numbers or letters.
        Last edited by Leung; 10-12-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I've heard that the a6 cams say 4b on the end like this but im not 100% if thats exclusive to the a6 cam

^ function>form's picture

Comment

Trying to buy a reman cylinder head, claimed to be an A6 head from long distance. I was hoping to say the seller to look for this or that to confirm what he is trying to sell is actually A6 cam and A6 head.

Well the heads on A1 and A6 are the same part numbers but the shafts and valve springs are different. I want to know at least the cam is what the seller claims what it is, A6's cam by stamping, embossed or other wise from Honda.

I didn't see the photo when I was making the post. This end in the photo is distributor end, isn't it?
            Last edited by oyajicool; 10-12-2011, 04:24 PM.
            A&P-IA

Comment

yes that end is where the distributor lines into the cam.

Comment

OK. Thank you.

Since I have A1, I will pull off the distributor and see if I can see stamping like that on the camshaft when I get the chance. If it says something other than 4B, then we know that it is possible 4B stamping is A6 exclusive.

I hope some else also can contribute on this, like taking a poll. ???
                A&P-IA

Comment

Anyone else have an opinion or more info on this?

I have what I've been told is an A6 camshaft in my hand. It's stamped 4B on the end as in Tippy's picture above.

How do I determine if it's really an A6?

I have a micrometer. Does anyone know where I get the dimensions of an A6 camshaft?
                  90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Before i junked my 93 Se, i kept the camshaft, i just checked it and it also says 4B, never noticed it before, lol

Comment

Now we just need someone with a known A1/A4 camshaft to compare. We know A6 camshafts say 4B, but we're not certain (in this thread) that A1/A4 camshafts do not!

Comment

I just checked my a1 camshaft that was pulled before my a6 swap, its stamped 3A. I would post picture proof, but when I try and click upload on photobucket, its telling me "The action that you were trying to perform has failed. ". I've been saving it for the rainy day I send it out to get it reground.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Here is a picture of the Camshaft stamp from an F22a1/a4

Posted by another member here.

MY MRT
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

Just had to pull my distributor on my A1, what do you know it too says 3A

Comment

Yes the A1/A4 are 3A and the A6 is 4B. Ive checked all 4 of my F22s, 2x A1, 1x A4 and 1x A6.

Comment

Working...
                              X