Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Swapping in a F20B SOHC Vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping in a F20B SOHC Vtec

hey peeps

i have a 91 Cb3 and it came with a F18a carb
    now i am thnkn of swapping in a F20B sohc vtec, however i think i may be runnin into some issues with the powersteering as i thnk the f20b came with eps
    and the cb3 had a powersteering pump,

my question is can the f20b be modified to run the powersteerin pump from the f18a

Does it have spots on the head to bolt the power steering bracket up?

if so, swap the crank pully from the f18a and bolt the bracket to the engine

if it doesn't have a spot for the bracket than you're SOL

Comment

It will Be a pain in the ass to convert it from carbureted to fuel injected.
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
        Exactly what I was thinkin. Hope u go through with it but damn thats gonna take a while and a lot of patience. Good luck!
        1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
        For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
          How you know? You have experience in that area?
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            How you know? You have experience in that area?
            experienced enough to go its going to be hard

Since its carburated theres obviously no ecu and many many sensors missing. Ahella alot of wiring to do.

Comment

evil_demon_01 converted from carb to FI, I believe... so he may be able to help there.

Of course, the F20B SOHC VTEC is a pretty crap motor... it's basically an F22B1 (crap head) with .2L less displacement. Though compared to an F18, it'll probably feel pretty good!

I don't know for sure, but I THINK the blocks should be similar. There should be a mounting location. It's a little odd for such an old car to be equipped with eps... Honda does some weird things.

We did have one member on here with an F20B SOHC in his car. I don't know if he used power steering, though. A lot of swapped guys just delete the power steering. I did on mine.

You MIGHT be able to convert your car to EPS. I know a few members here have considered it... myself included. cp[mike] has looked into it a bit more deeply than I have, so he may be able to offer some advice.

Unlesss you're completely set on this engine, I suggest perhaps looking for something else... F20A, F22A, F22B, F20B DOHC, H22A, H23A... there are MUCH better options than that F20B.

Comment

Why would the swap be hard? The CB chassis comes FI, so all needed would be the wiring harnesses from a FI model. Wiring is not hard at all. Labor-some, but not difficult when all your doing is swapping harnesses.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                  Why would the swap be hard? The CB chassis comes FI, so all needed would be the wiring harnesses from a FI model. Wiring is not hard at all. Labor-some, but not difficult when all your doing is swapping harnesses.
                  Well if he lives in a country with a carburated engine he probably lives in a country where CB's are rare.

Plus who knows what other differences there would be when swapping harnesses.

Comment

hey peeps, dont mean to revive a deaf thread here,

but the swap was complete without much hasssle, the SOHC F20B does have bolts to mount the powersteering pump, with a lil modification.

The mechanic howeever didnt time the (find tdc on #1) so the car jumped timing with the F18a crank pulley so now i have a few bent valves. motor will be refreshed and boosted.

i have most of the work documented, so if any1 can direct me to where i can start a build or owners thread i will post details there.

Also CBs 3s 7s or common in Jamaica

... deevergote Based on you said about the f20b and the f22a/b being similiar, do they use the same water pump and timing belt...
                    also planning on gettin an LSD trans, will this G BOX CODE M2B4 4003309 bolt up to the f20b
                    Last edited by KRITIK; 10-27-2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X