Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bogging in the rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogging in the rain

Every time it rains if i go over a small puddle my cars bogs like crazy..i just got a brand new dizzy last month, i have all my splash guard and only a short ram..i shouldnt be getting water into the engine bay..any idea?

Personally ill check the O2 sensor , probably one of the main causes of bogging or choking is a bad Oxygen sensor...

Also at very low temperatures your air valves can sometimes act up, check egr valve if it'd clogged and throttle body if its filthy, check other things like timing and plugs if their coveted in oil, sometimes it may be when your car runs through a puddle but honestly I doubt that's the only time it'll bog??..

Originally posted by deevergote
    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
      Personally ill check the O2 sensor , probably one of the main causes of bogging or choking is a bad Oxygen sensor...

Also at very low temperatures your air valves can sometimes act up, check egr valve if it'd clogged and throttle body if its filthy, check other things like timing and plugs if their coveted in oil, sometimes it may be when your car runs through a puddle but honestly I doubt that's the only time it'll bog??..
      I just got my timimin set..i was thinking its my o2 sensor getting wet but i havent clarify that..and its the only time it bogs

Comment

My bets are on the O2 sensor unless you have some sort of open circuit somewhere in the lower part of the bay that catches water and cuts power or somewhat .....to be completely honest bro I can't help you unless you rule out more options and you tell us what exactly do you feel when it bogs? Bogging can be caused by many things but you say it only happens when your going through a puddle then the O2 sensor is my best bet.

.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

If it happens when you hit a puddle, it's likely that there is an exposed wire or ground somewhere that is reacting to getting wet... OR, the puddle issue is merely a coincidence.

As turboAccordHSF said, the o2 sensor is a very common cause for bogging, and it has been occurring VERY frequently lately. I suppose the last of the o2 sensors are all giving out at once!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            ...the o2 sensor is a very common cause for bogging, and it has been occurring VERY frequently lately. I suppose the last of the o2 sensors are all giving out at once!
            Mine went out last week! It was original too...

weird.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I'd say that a sensor that's old enough to buy booze should be just about ready to give out!

Comment

I'd say that a sensor that's old enough to buy booze should be just about ready to give out!
                Unless its underage and has a fake ID
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Most likely it is underage.......BOSCH

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
                    Most likely it is underage.......BOSCH
                    LOL, eeeeewwwww!
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

mmm... underage bosch...

Comment

mmm... underage bosch...

Comment

Is there anyway to test the o2?

Comment

does it skip? if so, and you have a new distributor then id look at plug wires. old distributor cap and plug wires are notorious for making a car skip when the engine gets moisture on it.
                            '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

Comment

What do you mean by skip?

I don't know why, but I always assume someone with a potential ignition has enough sense to have replaced the cap, rotor, wires, and plugs already... I guess that's naive of me. That's absolutely true that worn ignition bits can cause an issue.

There are ways to test the o2 sensor... but honestly, chances are good that it's a 20 year old part. Replacing it would be VERY smart. If it doesn't fix this current problem, it'll be avoiding one in the very near future. Denso sensors can be found from reputable sellers at $40 or less.

Comment

Working...
                              X