Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

98-01 Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98-01 Transmission

I was wondering if these year accord auto transmission able to work on our year. What are the differences if any?

My guess would be no but I could be wrong. I think just H23 and 22's work for our cars. Manual that is

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
    Originally posted by keepinitclean
    I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

And also, the auto transmission of this generation of Accord was quite... unreliable

from wikipedia:

"Despite the Accord's reputation for reliability, the V6 models were plagued by transmission failures and prompted class action lawsuits against the company (4 cylinder models were also affected, but not to the same extent). This caused Honda to extend the warranties for the 2000 through 2001 models to seven years or 109,000 miles (175,000 km). 1998, 1999 and 2002 cars were considered for extended coverage on a case-by-case basis. No formal recall occurred. In Canada, recall letters were sent out to owners who fell within a certain VIN range; this warranty was later re-extended for some owners to seven years in length."

Comment

Acura as well. The V6 Accords, some 4cyl and TL's and some CL's from 98-03 had horrid tranny issues. I would stick to 90-97.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
          Acura as well. The V6 Accords, some 4cyl and TL's and some CL's from 98-03 had horrid tranny issues. I would stick to 90-97.
          Namely those J series Trannies. We had an 04 Oddy that had that issue.
          The CB7 Collector.
          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
          92 LX Coupe F22A1
          2013 Toyota Corolla S
          92 EX Sedan F22A1
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

It was a model year thing though. Most of the issues were in anything made from 98-04. Even some 04 and 04 TLs had bad trannies.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

the guy is asking about 4cylinder accord tranny and you guys are replying about the 6 cylinder trannys. 98-01 came in 6 and 4

the 4 cylinder tranny for 98-01 will bolt up to your engine but the mounts for that year are totally diffrent. so no it won't bolt up to the chassis

however it may be possible to drill and tap if the provision is in the case.

i would suggest a good used 90-97. or as DarkHusk11 suggested prelude up to 01
              check the fluid for color and smell, inspect the drain plug. there is a magnet and some material on the magnet is normal.
              Budget Street is offline working in the shop

drop the mouse and pick up a wrench

Good for you. You don't even know how to spell VTEC.

Comment

Originally posted by budget street View Post
                the guy is asking about 4cylinder accord tranny and you guys are replying about the 6 cylinder trannys. 98-01 came in 6 and 4
                Originally posted by spectre View Post
                "Despite the Accord's reputation for reliability, the V6 models were plagued by transmission failures and prompted class action lawsuits against the company (4 cylinder models were also affected, but not to the same extent). This caused Honda to extend the warranties for the 2000 through 2001 models to seven years or 109,000 miles (175,000 km). 1998, 1999 and 2002 cars were considered for extended coverage on a case-by-case basis. No formal recall occurred. In Canada, recall letters were sent out to owners who fell within a certain VIN range; this warranty was later re-extended for some owners to seven years in length."
                Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                ...I would stick to 90-97.
                Question answered. /thread.

Comment

extra sensors and the lack of a kickdown cable causes it not to work, but it will bolt right on
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                  X