Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Header gasket question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header gasket question?

I know I am not in the right time for performance add-ons, but my uncle from Florida called me saying that his buddy gave him a brand new header for free. His buddy said it should fit any accord from 89-93, but my uncle just wants to know if it will fit my car before he ships it out to me. My question is, if the header will fit, would I need a new manifold gasket, or could I use the one on my car now? I know it's only $20 for a new one at advanced auto parts, but thats also $20 of gas money.

Free upgrades ftmfw!(hopefully)

Just get a gasket.
    H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

89 was the 3rd generation, unless they're in Japan...

If it's just some cheap crap header, and you don't need a replacement exhaust manifold, you won't see much of a gain... and it may fail on you much sooner than your current old manifold. Not much of an upgrade, IMO. If you choose to use it... yes, get a new gasket. You COULD reuse the old gasket, but more likely than not, it will leak... then you'll have to take it all apart AGAIN, and pay that $20 for a new gasket. Do it once, do it right, forget about it.

Comment

I believe its a DC Sports header. I asked him for a few pics of it that I will post on here. Since I will need a new gasket, it probably won't go on until I get a job anyway. Thanks for the help!

@ Deeve, I think his buddy was just confused about the years and said 89-93 instead of 90-93. Or at least I hope so haha

Comment

If it's DC, at least it's quality. Still a generic design that won't make much power, though. The biggest change will be visual.

Comment

If you are tight on money don't do it. Unless your current exhaust manifold has failed.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
              If you are tight on money don't do it. Unless your current exhaust manifold has failed.
              Thats why I said I wouldn't do it until I found a job.... The header is free and he is paying for shipping. I will just put it away and then probably completely forget where I put it

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              If it's DC, at least it's quality. Still a generic design that won't make much power, though. The biggest change will be visual.
              That's what I am looking for mostly. I know I will not afford a bisi header anytime soon so this header will at least make the engine bay look cleaner. I'm hoping it's a DC and not a cheapy header. I could have sworn he said DC but I was also half asleep when he called me so I can't really recall all he said haha

Comment

Make sure that it's the entire header kit. A header without the downpipe is worthless.

I say this because I see headers only for sale on ebay and many people don't realize that you need both pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
                  Make sure that it's the entire header kit. A header without the downpipe is worthless.

I say this because I see headers only for sale on ebay and many people don't realize that you need both pieces.
                  He's going to send me pics as soon as he gets home. Even if it is an ebay cheapy, I know someone I can give it to and get there f22a4 header

Comment

I wasn't talking about "ebay cheapies" . I'm referring to adds for headers like DC but offering only the header (manifold) itself and not the entire kit.

There are plenty of header kits, for Hondas, that contain only the header itself. With the penchant for lowering Hondas, the downpipe gets beat to hell but the header (manifold) is fine.

Clue...You could buy a Pacesetter or OBX header kit cheaper than you could have someone fabricate a downpipe for you.

Comment

The header he is sending me was never used... I have no idea what it contains since he probably went to sleep and forgot to send me the pic. If he sends it tomorrow, I will deff post up the pic and tell him to send that thing over asap!!!

Comment

Well I got pics of the header and it was a cheapie ebay. Doesn't matter though, it wouldn't fit my f22a. The header is 0-00-0, plus it didn't have the downpipe(although I would have made one for it)

Comment

Working...
                        X