Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

missfire at low rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missfire at low rpm

im having an issuse with a missfire at aroud 1500rpm but past that it clears up,and runs fine.i was thinking it would be an injector ,i was just looking for a second thought,thanks for you help

one u can check ur injectors by leaving ur car on.. and with a long screwdriver.. place it on the injector itself and listen on the butt of the screwdriver handle for ticking.. the consistent ticking is the injectors working... u might be able to turn ur idle screw so that ur car idles at 1500rpms.. but that's a long shot. might need a person to step on the gas

I would check ur distributor cap.. take it off clean it or replace it..if ur replace the cap. might as well replace the rotor too.
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
      one u can check ur injectors by leaving ur car on.. and with a long screwdriver.. place it on the injector itself and listen on the butt of the screwdriver handle for ticking.. the consistent ticking is the injectors working... u might be able to turn ur idle screw so that ur car idles at 1500rpms.. but that's a long shot. might need a person to step on the gas

I would check ur distributor cap.. take it off clean it or replace it..if ur replace the cap. might as well replace the rotor too.
      i replaced the cap,rotor,spark plugs,and wires, but it seems to do it when there is a load on the motor,such as starting in first gear. and taking the rpm up.right at 1500 it misses then after that it clears,thanks for your help

Comment

Is your CEL on? Does the car bog down at a certain point, misfire, and then accelerate normally? It COULD be an o2 sensor issue (even without a CEL... if it's on, it would be code 41 or 43 for an o2 sensor problem.)

Does the problem occur at all times, just when the car is warm, or just when it's cold?

An injector issue is possible, but I don't imagine it would be limited to a specific RPM.

Comment

Its either a burnt/damaged valve or weak valve spring while its idlesing by itself does it miss or idle rough if so unplug one spark plug wire at a time for a second if you un plug one and it immediately dies you have your weak cylinder

Comment

A safer and more reliable test would be to conduct a compression test...

Comment

May sound stupid, but I had a loose spark plug once that caused the same shit.

Comment

I had a loose spark plug (due to damaged threads in the head from overtightening) cause a knocking sound. I thought my engine was done...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Is your CEL on? Does the car bog down at a certain point, misfire, and then accelerate normally? It COULD be an o2 sensor issue (even without a CEL... if it's on, it would be code 41 or 43 for an o2 sensor problem.)

Does the problem occur at all times, just when the car is warm, or just when it's cold?

An injector issue is possible, but I don't imagine it would be limited to a specific RPM.
                  no cel.yes at all times,im thinking it could be my o2,because im getting really bad mpg

Comment

If you don't know the age of the o2 sensor, or if you know it's original, I'd change it out for a brand new Denso or NTK/NGK unit. Even if it's not the cause of this problem, it's a wear item that will soon need to be changed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      If you don't know the age of the o2 sensor, or if you know it's original, I'd change it out for a brand new Denso or NTK/NGK unit. Even if it's not the cause of this problem, it's a wear item that will soon need to be changed anyway.
                      ok thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X