Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a6 intake swap better than a1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a6 intake swap better than a1?

I have two donor cars from a friend and I read the 30 hp for 500 thread but was wondering if the a6 intake was better than the a1 bc of the "black box" and larger plenums. I have a a4 and a6 donor so I'm taking the exhaust mani from the a4 and head, ecu and possibly Im from the a6 thanks in advance!

Yes, the A6 intake manifold is better, due to the larger plenum and IAB system. If you read that thread, that should have been obvious.
    The A4 exhaust manifold is better, though the A6 exhaust manifold may be just as good, even though it is cast iron. It has never been tested. Both are better than the A1 design, though.

Are you saying you're going to take the A4's head? All F22A heads are identical, so there is no need to do that, other than to have a spare (having it modified with a good port and polish can provide some nice gains.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Yes, the A6 intake manifold is better, due to the larger plenum and IAB system. If you read that thread, that should have been obvious.
      The A4 exhaust manifold is better, though the A6 exhaust manifold may be just as good, even though it is cast iron. It has never been tested. Both are better than the A1 design, though.

Are you saying you're going to take the A4's head? All F22A heads are identical, so there is no need to do that, other than to have a spare (having it modified with a good port and polish can provide some nice gains.)
      I want the a6 head bc of the cam and I have a bent valve in my current a 1 head so I could just swap them out right?

Edit: just to clarify the a4 intake is better than the a6?
      Last edited by esseyeguy; 09-16-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by esseyeguy View Post
        I want the a6 head bc of the cam and I have a bent valve in my current a 1 head so I could just swap them out right?
        Correct.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

No need for this post bro everything you said is correct and seems you read the 30 HP famous thread right, so your all set good start for your cb7 having two other cb7s to combine...now just remember the black box, and don't forget once your a6 manifold is off try cleaning it bro.

Deevergote: nah brother he said "the a4 manifold from the head"

Originally posted by deevergote
          .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

I will def be cleaning it up thanks guys always helpfull

Comment

The A4 and A1 are identical in every way other than the exhaust manifold. Every other part is exactly the same between the two.

And yes, if your current head has damage, then you could take the head from the A6 and use that. The block and head castings are the same throughout the F22A series. The only differences are the parts bolted to them.

Comment

Working...
              X