Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Reversing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversing question

Sup everybody,

When I turn gear on reverse it feels like it takes a few secs for gear to catch(I dont know if I said that right) in other words when I put car in reverse I have to wait a second or two before I press the gas. Any suggestions?

And my car is automatic.
    Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

might sound silly but ...fluid level ok? If it is then smell the trans fluid and see if it smells burnt. You might need a trans service.

Comment

The first thing you should do when you experience transmission troubles is change the fluid (Honda ATF ONLY!) Chances are that if you've never changed it, NOBODY has ever changed it.

Comment

I can actually feel mine go into gear. I wait for the "slam" before giving it gas. AFAIK it's normal, because my friend had a CB7 that did the same thing.

Slam/Jerk. Either way you can definitely feel it go.

Comment

Can't go wrong with changing the fluid ..

Comment

thanks so ill check on that trans fluid....if you get a tune up at a honda dealership they do all that correct?
            Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatloe View Post
              thanks so ill check on that trans fluid....if you get a tune up at a honda dealership they do all that correct?
              They'll check it and charge you $90 to change it.
              Buy the fluid ($15?) and do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 13k View Post
                I can actually feel mine go into gear. I wait for the "slam" before giving it gas. AFAIK it's normal, because my friend had a CB7 that did the same thing.

Slam/Jerk. Either way you can definitely feel it go.
                The same thing happens to mine. There's that 1-2 second delay, and then I feel a 'push' in the whole car and I'm good to go. I also feel that in some of the forward gears too... Is this normal for the CB7 auto box? I don't feel such a pronounced 'push' when switching gears in my auto 98 Civic.

Comment

There's really NO reason to ever pay anyone to do a tune up or fluid change.

Comment

Originally posted by spectre View Post
                    The same thing happens to mine. There's that 1-2 second delay, and then I feel a 'push' in the whole car and I'm good to go. I also feel that in some of the forward gears too... Is this normal for the CB7 auto box? I don't feel such a pronounced 'push' when switching gears in my auto 98 Civic.
                    I think that's the hard shifting our autos are known for.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    What about timing?
                    I had someone else do that. Granted, I didn't pay him, but most other people would've.
                    Or Oil when it's cold out? Again, doesn't apply to me. I have a heated garage and lots of power tools, but not everyone does!

Comment

I actually pay to have my oil done... but only because it's 10 minutes at the local Shell station vs. 2 hours with me doing it (and tinkering with everything else at the same time.) BUT, there's really no NEED to have someone else do it. It takes about $20 in tools, and it's a job that a monkey can do.

Ignition timing is even easier than changing oil. It also requires a $30 tool.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Sure there's plenty of reasons. Why not list a few of your own with the fit

Comment

I did in the post above!

But I do my own work on the CB7. I really only have the Fit worked on by others because it needs service so frequently due to my rather extreme amount of driving. The CB7 is MY project.

Comment

Yeah my car just does a hard thump only when I put it into reverse.

Comment

check underneath where your shift cable attaches to the transmission. my 10mm bolt started to come undone and would cause a delay in the shifting. Or just check the cable for any fraying.

Does your shifter shift into each gear solidly? it doesn't feel vague or halfway in one gear and another? That could be a sign of the cable getting gummed up with dirt

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X