Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

RPM gauge gettin psyco???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPM gauge gettin psyco???

i was driving my lovely cb7 when the rpm gauge stopped working... then after driving for abt 15 more min it went hay wire past the redline, any ideas on what to do? i havent ran into this problem yet..thanx

Originally posted by jdmrespect11 View Post
    i was driving my lovely cb7 when the rpm gauge stopped working... then after driving for abt 15 more min it went hay wire past the redline, any ideas on what to do? i havent ran into this problem yet..thanx
    Probably this.... http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=182173
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

its only the rpm not the speedo.it said in that link u posted they have nothing to do with each other.thanx for taking time to hear out my problem tho man. im still stumped.

Comment

its only the rpm not the speedo.it said in that link u posted they have nothing to do with each other.thanx for taking time to hear out my problem tho man. im still stumped.
        Read farther my friend, its most likely your cluster. Pull it and look for damage on the circuit board.

Comment

okay will do sir thanx for the info bro.lol

Comment

okay will do sir thanx for the info bro.lol
            Just look for the same type of damage like in my pics, if there is no damage, let us know and we can go from there and point you in other directions if thats needed.

Comment

thanx for the help and tech support, means alot ill let you know asap.

Comment

thanx for the help and tech support, means alot ill let you know asap.
                Np

Comment

The ignitor is another potential culprit.

Comment

i put in a newish 93 cluster and it stll does it..how does the ignitor effect this deev? you always guide me right please explain..

Comment

Wrong wrong, And Deev is right! Lol ive expierenced this problem with 3 seperate ignitors and tried a different gauge gluster in the process.. Its your ignitor or ignitor wires bro

8 Accords so far:
                      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

It's most likely just the ignitor itself. I've had this situation, and I've seen it before. Replacing the ignitor module has always fixed it in the past.

I'm not 100% sure (though I'm sure I could look around this site and find the answer), but the ignitor has something to do with the tach signal. When it begins to fail, the tach usually whips around from time to time.

Comment

okay so its basically destined to fail, when it does my car wont crank will it? wait dont answer that...lol 2+2= okay ill replace and let you know guys thanx joey you to deev.
                          Last edited by jdmrespect11; 09-15-2011, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Mine failed once. I replaced it with a junkyard part. They're usually cheap (or free... either legitimately, or because they can be hidden in your sock...) Might be worth a shot, as they're usually like $60 brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Mine failed once. I replaced it with a junkyard part. They're usually cheap (or free... either legitimately, or because they can be hidden in your sock...) Might be worth a shot, as they're usually like $60 brand new.
                              lmao! duely noted sir.thanx alot for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X