Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

brake lamp light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake lamp light

so in the mist of trying to figure out why my cruise control wont work i read on here that if your brake lamp light is on it will not work and ofcoarse mine is on but all my break lights work anyway i can remedy this ?

this isn't really answering your question, but last week my brake lamp light kept going on and off but none of the lights were out. I replaced them all anyway because they were so corroded and dirty and my brake lamp light problem went away. 10 bucks at pepboys for the lights was worth it i guess..
    That seems really weird though that your cruise control doesn't work because of the brake light lamp!!!!

Comment

When the brake light switch is activated , that disconnects the cruise control. So I would assume the brake light switch is bad and stays closed all the time.

Comment

I found this response on hondacarforum.com, but it seems to apply to you... I've also done some research on this topic as well, because my CC isn't working either...

"The brake light switch at the brake pedal is used to turn off the cruise
        control when you step on the brakes. If this switch were to become
        flaky, you could get problems where the cruise disengages at will. The
        switch has two sets of contacts, one normally open, the other normally
        closed. Only one of the contact sets are used for the brake lights, but
        the cruise control uses both sets. Thus it is possible for this switch
        to be bad and still have working brake lights. On some Honda's there is
        a small rubber / plastic pad on the part of the brake pedal arm that
        touches the switch. People have reported problems with this cap falling
        off or disintegrating over the years. Finally, it could be that the
        switch is not properly aligned. To adjust, loosen the lock nut on the
        switch, screw the switch in or out until the threaded neck of the switch
        barely touches the pad, back off 1/4 turn and tighten the lock nut.

If the car has a manual transmission, there is a switch at the clutch
        pedal as well. To align this switch, loosen the lock nut, screw the
        switch in or out until the tip of the switch touches the pedal, screw
        the switch in an additional 1/4 - 1/2 turn and tighten the lock nut."

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyBird33 View Post
          When the brake light switch is activated , that disconnects the cruise control. So I would assume the brake light switch is bad and stays closed all the time.
          Makes sense

Comment

Brake lamp indicator lit on dash while all the bulbs burn okay is likely still a bulb. Sometimes you can take the bulbs out one by one and find one with a dark cloud on one part of the globe. Looks like sunglass tinting. That is likely the bulb throwing the fault. It has died but refuses to go to the light. The #2057 bulbs in back has done that to me a couple of times over the years.

Comment

one other question is if my front parking /turn signal light is out will that cause the brake lamp light to be on ?

Comment

I don't think so. That brake lamp indicator on the dash is for the bulbs in back to show you a bulb that is burned out or out of spec like the one I mentioned earlier. I recently replaced one of the little front marker lights and did not get a dash light when it was bad. I almost forgot- a bad turn signal bulb should show on the dash as a rapidly flashing turn indicator or perhaps a solid one, if I recall correctly.

Comment

ok thank you for all the info will be sure to just replace all the 2057, i also noticed when i checked the bulbs there was alot of corosion un the sockets.

Comment

Have a close look at the deck brake lamp bulb and socket, too. I have cleaned corrosion off of that one before. Remove that bulb and clean the base of it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X