Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Low gas mileage

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low gas mileage

Well i am wondering what are the things i need to check that could be causing low mileage. I am getting less than 350 city. Thanks. I plan on checking these myself unless i need some advanced tools than i go to a shop. Preferred to do myself.

"Exhaust the Body, Proceed the Mind, Cultivate the Spirit"

What's your actual MPG? I guesstimated you filling up to 14 when on "E", since that's a general consensus, and came up with 25mpg. 25mpg in the city ain't too shabby.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Be very glad about that man! I get less than 275 miles to a tank, anywhere from 18-21 mpg!

Comment

Make sure car is tuned up -plugs, filters, 5W-30 oil,etc. 2. Keep tires inflated to whatever is comfortable - 30 psi cold min. If the oxygen sensor is malfunctioning this will be a real gas waster and the engine will run rough.

Comment

Okay thanks. I will check everything.

"Exhaust the Body, Proceed the Mind, Cultivate the Spirit"

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            What's your actual MPG? I guesstimated you filling up to 14 when on "E", since that's a general consensus, and came up with 25mpg. 25mpg in the city ain't too shabby.
            I usually fill up at least 15. Sometimes even 15.9.
            I (if I'm feeling ballsy) can go till 400 a tank. It just depends on how much highway driving I did that tank.

Comment

Im getting 320 to a tank in my H22 5 speed wagon. get a good tune up fuel filter, spark plugs, oil change, cap and rotor, plug wires, throw a fuel injector cleaner in the tank. clean your air filter

Comment

Originally posted by 305wagon View Post
                Im getting 320 to a tank in my H22 5 speed wagon. get a good tune up fuel filter, spark plugs, oil change, cap and rotor, plug wires, throw a fuel injector cleaner in the tank. clean your air filter
                Me too about that. I got a 1990 LX 4AT. The car runs smooth and accelerate well. All tune up done and tire pressure all good. Timing is on red mark.

Comment

lucky

im lucky to get 250 for a full tank.i just did a tune up, i think its my o2 sensor

Comment

Working...
                  X