Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Installed EGR Block Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666 View Post
      If you leave the EGR plugged in then it wont throw a code.
      Have you tried this? You should try reading the posts before you bump the thread pointlessly.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666 View Post
        If you leave the EGR plugged in then it wont throw a code.

You could have blocked the egr for cheaper.

Cut open a tin can and sandwich it between the intake and the egr.

Stealth...
        I just did this today, used a piece of a PBR can to block it off. No CEL's, and the intake note is MUCH deeper!

Edit... Ill try to post a video of the sound later tonight. Here it is... http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/...913_190950.mp4 Btw, its uphill, and not the greatest audio, but you get the point.
        Last edited by dj_ender; 09-13-2011, 10:28 PM.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I cant wait to try this, I have just been trying to fix the 1.2 million problems left behind by the first owner before adding more to the mix.

Comment

Will the aluminum can trick melt or something bad cause ill do it but wanna know the risk im taking!

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_REESE View Post
              Will the aluminum can trick melt or something bad cause ill do it but wanna know the risk im taking!
              The melting point of aluminum is 660 degrees Celsius

There's no way your engine is getting that hot

Comment

considering also that the rest of your engine is aluminum if it's melting you have bigger problems, LOL

Comment

Quite awhile ago I found an old EGR block-off plate for a Datsun 510 that fit my F22Ax perfectly...then i just bolted up the EGR valve again, plugged it in and off i went.

I asked my pops about it, when i went over for a visit, and he said that a lot of EGR block-off plates share the same shape and mentioned that some Fords have the same plate as well.

So, i guess my point is this; Keep an eye out for any EGR block-off plate...it may just work.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Joewill2848 View Post
                    considering also that the rest of your engine is aluminum if it's melting you have bigger problems, LOL
                    very good point.

Comment

Working...
                    X