Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Installed EGR Block Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed EGR Block Plate

Hey Everyone, Been a while since I have needed to ask any questions about my CB7. I can usually find the answer in this site without having to ask, which is great! One stop shopping for any problems I have had. So here we go. I pulled my EGR valve out and put in a block plate. Not worried about emissions cause I am in Florida and we don't have to worry about it. The car runs so much better since I did that! Couple extra horses is always good! Anyway check engine light is now on. Bug's the crap out of me. I know there is way I can either run a diode or connect 2 of the 3 wires together to fool the ECU into thinking the EGR valve is working. What is that combination? There are 3 different colors, Green, Yellow and White. Thanks in advance for everyone's help and input!

Just wondering how this helps horsepower? I am not saying that you are incorrect just curious how that works. May be interested in doing that myself if I can. Does that work on the H22 head as well?

Comment

From the research I have done yes. As much as I hate ebay for my parts, I found the block plate there for around 7 bucks, milled aluminum and it works great! I think when I was looking at them they also had h22 available. I put in a re manufactured f22a6 last year and did some mods to the intake and throttle body while apart but failed to clean the ports out which resulted in poor performance a year later. But yes big diff in throttle response. Keep in mind your not putting exhaust back through the intake again, just clean air, when you block the EGR port off! cleaner air = better performance! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Joewill2848 View Post
        Just wondering how this helps horsepower? I am not saying that you are incorrect just curious how that works. May be interested in doing that myself if I can. Does that work on the H22 head as well?
        It follows the same logic as cold air induction. The recirculated gasses are hot, and have already been expelled from the cylinders. Take a paper bag, put a small hole in the bottom of it, then put it over your mouth and take a few breaths. You still get a little fresh air, but you are re-breathing your exhaust. It's hot, and clammy, and not packed full of neat little O^2 mollecules. EGR is similar to the bag in this example, your motor is taking in a smaller percentage of waste gasses in order to try and burn any leftover oxygen that might have made it out of the cylinders, but, it's hot, and mostly consumed already. Blocking it off not only takes the rebreathing out of the intake, allowing more cooler, denser intake charge, but also could help with exhaust scavenging, forcing all the exhaust to continue out the tailpipe, instead of trying to make a U-turn back to the intake.

That's how it helps in theory anyway.
        Last edited by YourPartsGuy; 09-12-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Oh, I also didn't bother getting another EGR gasket, just went with some copper gasket sealer. I actually read that here, that someone had made their own block plate out of a aluminum can and used the copper gasket seal instead of a replacement gasket

Comment

So now have to figure out how to rewire to not throw a code.

Comment

Yeah, I am thinking that the green wire is probably ground, which leaves the white and yellow. Logically speaking, if you connect the 2 wires together, that would complete the circuit and tell the ECU that the EGR is working. I just don't wanna blindly connect 2 wires together and fry my ecu! LOL

Comment

umm yeah that would be really bad

Comment

If you leave the EGR plugged in then it wont throw a code.

You could have blocked the egr for cheaper.

Cut open a tin can and sandwich it between the intake and the egr.

Stealth...

Comment

oh ok So you block it off and leave it plugged in that way no codes and no one knows, great idea I will try that out.

Comment

Mind you this only works on our obd1 hondas

Our cars don't detect egr flow, only if the valve opens and closes. So long as the valve opens on command it will work

It works on our cars but don't assume all cars. If you did this to a 91-95 acura legend it would actually blow the head gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        Mind you this only works on our obd1 hondas

Our cars don't detect egr flow, only if the valve opens and closes. So long as the valve opens on command it will work

It works on our cars but don't assume all cars. If you did this to a 91-95 acura legend it would actually blow the head gasket.
                        So if the egr ports fill up with carbon and arent cleaned regularly on a 91-95 acura legend it could blow the headgasket
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by JSCB7 View Post
                          From the research I have done yes. As much as I hate ebay for my parts, I found the block plate there for around 7 bucks, milled aluminum and it works great! I think when I was looking at them they also had h22 available. I put in a re manufactured f22a6 last year and did some mods to the intake and throttle body while apart but failed to clean the ports out which resulted in poor performance a year later. But yes big diff in throttle response. Keep in mind your not putting exhaust back through the intake again, just clean air, when you block the EGR port off! cleaner air = better performance! LOL
                          Sorry for being kinda late on the topic but howd you find a block off plate for a f22aX motor?

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

simliar to h22 and h23's
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                              So if the egr ports fill up with carbon and arent cleaned regularly on a 91-95 acura legend it could blow the headgasket
                              Sort of

The ECU on the legend is more advanced than ours

When it enables the EGR valve it can actually adjust timing as much 10 degrees and lean the fuel mixture out 5-10% to account for the exhaust gases in the cylinder so it can maintain performance

When the EGR passage way clogs the ECU does not know this so it still adjusts timing and reduces fuel but since there isn't exhaust gases it causes severe detonation in the cylinder which slowly blows the head gasket.

Comment

Working...
                              X