Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What parts can i buy to get better performance/horsepower from my F22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What parts can i buy to get better performance/horsepower from my F22a6

Im new to this, just got my cb a few months ago, I just lowered it and now im looking more towards better performance than anything else. I have a f22a6 with a short ram intake and i was just wondering what i can buy to get better performance and horsepower.

You have an entire site at your disposal here that has all the information you could possibly want on this subject.

Comment

What is your overall goal with the car? Swap or stock?
      H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Obviously I have a full sight at my disposal but idk what I'm looking for. I want some up front facts about how I can make my stock engine perform better. I would like to use my stock engine at least for now untill I have better funds for a swap

Comment

SRI or CAI (with a good filter such as K&N).
          Header.
          Exhaust.

After that your options are n2o or turbo or start getting into the engine. Since you're asking, it's obvious that you know little about automotive mechanics. I'd recommend a book about basic automotive mechanics and maybe a couple about modifying cars. If you plan on tuning, modding, or even just chaning your plugs and oil, they'll be of great benefit.

Start looking through the site, preferably the technical information sections. EVERYTHING you could want to know about the cb7 platform is here, most of it several times. Basically, you've discovered an encyclopedia about your car and asked us to read it for you.

Comment

A Bisimoto header would be a fine investment..

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal Tiger View Post
              Obviously I have a full sight at my disposal but idk what I'm looking for. I want some up front facts about how I can make my stock engine perform better. I would like to use my stock engine at least for now untill I have better funds for a swap
              See the thread at the top that says "read here first"? Read that first. It will get you started.

Comment

you can buy lil things here and there and make some hp headers, cat removal, full exhaust, cold air intake or short ram things like that

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                  SRI or CAI (with a good filter such as K&N).
                  Header.
                  Exhaust.

After that your options are n2o or turbo or start getting into the engine. Since you're asking, it's obvious that you know little about automotive mechanics. I'd recommend a book about basic automotive mechanics and maybe a couple about modifying cars. If you plan on tuning, modding, or even just chaning your plugs and oil, they'll be of great benefit.

Start looking through the site, preferably the technical information sections. EVERYTHING you could want to know about the cb7 platform is here, most of it several times. Basically, you've discovered an encyclopedia about your car and asked us to read it for you.
                  ^^^ that is a perfect respons to this post an I've have learned alot about cb7's on this sight! So just look around do a lot of research and ask question when u can't find what ur looking for or need advice. Welcome to the cb7 fam and gl with your build

Comment

Would the Bisimoto F22 header be the most cost effective upgrade?

In terms of HP/$, it's dyno'ed to give a 18-26hp gain on a stock f22, so that would be approximately 18hp/$849 = $47/hp (regular price, not incl. tax).
                    If it can be had at the group buy price of $649, that would be down to $36/hp.

For a $500 cat-back exhaust system, let's pretend there is a 5hp gain. That's $100/hp.

Is that an overly simplistic way of looking at it, or is the header the most economical choice for a decent power gain? I know ~$800 is not a small amount, but broken up per hp, it's a "cheaper" upgrade than a cat-back, SRI, CAI etc.

Comment

Originally posted by spectre View Post
                      Would the Bisimoto F22 header be the most cost effective upgrade?

In terms of HP/$, it's dyno'ed to give a 18-26hp gain on a stock f22, so that would be approximately 18hp/$849 = $47/hp (regular price, not incl. tax).
                      If it can be had at the group buy price of $649, that would be down to $36/hp.

For a $500 cat-back exhaust system, let's pretend there is a 5hp gain. That's $100/hp.

Is that an overly simplistic way of looking at it, or is the header the most economical choice for a decent power gain? I know ~$800 is not a small amount, but broken up per hp, it's a "cheaper" upgrade than a cat-back, SRI, CAI etc.
                      I thought the Bismoto F22a header is good for only about 8whp. Are you talking WHP or not?

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                      Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

I was talking about the dyno here:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143273

I guess I'm talking about peak whp...

Comment

Originally posted by Pali_Mo View Post
                          I thought the Bismoto F22a header is good for only about 8whp. Are you talking WHP or not?
                          8whp? What are you smoking, my friend? It made 28whp on a bone stock F22A1, untuned. There's a reason why it's so pricey... it provides more power than any other single bolt-on part (not including forced induction, of course...)

Comment

What have you done so far for the car?
                            I would say the car being this old, I would improve or at least tighten up the suspension. Improve the handling capability first. The stock motor, if running right, is plenty of room for speed and power improvement. However, it's not much good if you make it faster but the car cannot handle it around curbs and turns.

Comment

If a swap is in your future, buy parts for that instead of squeezing power from your stock motor. You may be able to squeeze enough power out of your factory motor to make you happy but nothing compares to twin cams. An H series swap isn't that expensive overall. I will be spending maybe a total of $1500 and that includes $1006 for my JDM H23A shipped to my door.
                              H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Working...
                              X