Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wanting to slam my cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanting to slam my cb7

ok im a noob to the honda world i have a 90 cb7 with dookie ebay coilovers and my bumpstops are cut to only one ring about half an inch i was wonder what other stock parts off other hondas i could use to go lower (my ride pretty much sucks anyways )

Just because your ride sucks doesn't mean make it suck even more. Them cheapo sleeves are bullshit (and I'm assuming you're probably riding on stock struts which compounds the bullshit). I'm not sure what u could use off of another Honda suspension wise to lower your shit more. I'm not sure why u would even want to use another Honda's parts, just stick with CB parts. Apparently safety to yourself and to others isn't a primary concern, how low are u trying to go anyways?

Comment

yeah im on stock struts with sleeves thats how i got the car and i wanna pretty much tuck my tires a little bit i coulda swore i read somethin on here about using control arms off of a hatch or somethin like that but could never find it again

Comment

You'll want a quality full coilover, such as the Form and Function Autolife Type 2.

If you want to slam your car and still have a car that's safe to drive, expect to spend a bit of money.

Comment

i have tein ss and i love them right now its at 3" drop i could go lower but i think it looks perfect now and the ride feel better than stock

Comment

Tein SS is another quality option.
            An alignment is necessary every time you adjust your height, and a camber kit would probably be a wise investment. Keep an eye on the inner edge of your tires. When they go bald, the tires are done. It doesn't matter how much tread is left in the middle.

Comment

ok call me cheap but those teins are a little out of my price range, is there any cheaper route maybe a decent strut that i can run my sleeves on ?

Comment

For the height you want to go, and for the insanely high spring rate those cheap shit sleeves have... no. I already gave you your cheapest option.

If you can't afford to lower your car safely, you can't afford to lower your car. It will take a minimum of $500 to lower a car safely, and to "slam" it, you're going to need to spend about $700-$800.

Comment

^^^^ this man speaks the truth! im lucky to get my apexi's for as cheap as i did.

Comment

true statements above
                    this does NOT include all the hammering and rubbing your gonna do in places you never thought.
                    and tire/wheel size matters also
                    -Tyler

Comment

tm123 im goin for the stance that you have in your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by flatblackcb7 View Post
                        ok call me cheap but those teins are a little out of my price range, is there any cheaper route maybe a decent strut that i can run my sleeves on ?
                        Cheap and quality don't go in the same sentence. How about you save a little bit more money, do a little bit more research, and in the end I'm sure you will have learned a ton more then you ever would have if someone just told you to get such and such. With that being said, I have Tein SS that I'm considering selling. If you are interested, PM me with an offer and we can discuss details if you'd like.
                        | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Please do not discuss the buying/selling of items in this section, unless you would like to be permanently banned from this site.

Comment

so as i do agree with all these statements there are ways around this without spending a bout load of money...but your ride is going to suffer and then your lower back and then your going to be in a wheel chair anyways......
                            i did somesearching for an equivalant coil over(a real coilover not ebay sleeves) to raceland coilovers which we would use in the vw community....and did come across a set for $350 out of your price range or not that would be the way to go. but the stiffness you may get from a 700 coilover kit is going to go out the window. so expects a bouncier ride as if you had 2inch lowering springs on old stock struts....

and i do now own a cb7 90 f22 5spd lowered on ebay sleeves(not to happy about that how i got it) and tokico blue struts and 94 rims with 205 45 hankooks custom flowmaster exhaust k&n intake front and rear strut bars clear euro turns corners and smoked euro headlights. painted jet blck with a respectably clean red/brown interior and an acura tl lip. 20% tint
                            Last edited by JoshM; 09-13-2011, 10:00 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

Originally posted by flatblackcb7 View Post
                              about using control arms off of a hatch or somethin like that but could never find it again
                              Ef upper control arms.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                              I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Working...
                              X