Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sputtering at highway speeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sputtering at highway speeds?

So in the past week or 2 i've been getting a shoddy idle. itd bounce between 400-800 rpms, and i was occasionally throwing code 43.

I did some reading and concluded that it was likely my o2 sensor, so I was gonna replace it this week (have to special order a Denso because everyone around here only carries Bosche.)

I figured since the weather was nice out this weekend I'd go ahead and change the fuel filter as well. So changed the fuel filter, got everything back together, all seemed to run fine. idle no longer floating. steady 800rpm

well this morning i was going to work pushing about 75mph down the interstate and i could feel the car bogging somewhat and start losing speed. I had to mash the gas to get it to pick up and start going, and when i'd go back to a steady throttle itd start acting up again. Got off the interstate and went on the service road. no throttle problems at all working through the gears or at 55mph.

ideas? my car didnt throw the cel its been throwing this morning during the drive.

You haven't replaced the o2 sensor yet, right? Bogging like that is most often an o2 issue, so that should fix it (the CEL doesn't always come on...mine didn't)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      You haven't replaced the o2 sensor yet, right? Bogging like that is most often an o2 issue, so that should fix it (the CEL doesn't always come on...mine didn't)
      not yet, i already ordered it, and was gonna replace it regardless if the fuel filter fixed the prob or not. just waiting for it to come in. Just wanted to make sure there wasnt another issue that may have popped up, and a forum search didnt provide much

thanks

added: also the sputtering just started, its not something thats happened before today. i guess the current o2 sensor could just be getting worse?
      Last edited by Hopeless; 09-06-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

It's most likely going to be fixed by the o2 sensor. I have heard EGR and MAP issues causing bogging as well, but they are less common, and they should throw different CEL codes. As you initially suspected, the code 43 is indeed an o2 sensor code.

Comment

I do get the same problem with my car. If I am driving on the hw and keep my gas pedal steady my car will start to misfire bogging down. I have to push it harder for the problem to go away. even though there was no check engine light on, I checked it and I get code 1 and 12 which is o2 sensor and egr valve. It has do be the o2 sensor. Hopefully I get it fixed today
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

update.

i couldn't drive the car because it was bugging down a lot. i disconected the o2 sensor and drove like that for a while(wow what a difference).
            i replaced the o2 sensor and it was fine for a couple of hours, but then it started doing it again. it wasn't that bad like before but it has done it a few times.

i replaced the o2 sensor so it doesn't have code 1 anymore. just code 12 which is the egr valve.

as of now i am leaning towards a bad egr valve and clogged egr ports or/and a bad ECM
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
            X