Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

which parts can i use from other hondas to boost horsepower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which parts can i use from other hondas to boost horsepower?

ive just aquired my first honda. its a 1990 accord lx with an f22a1 motor. i was looking into the simple and easy stuff for now. is it possible to take parts from other hondas to add horsepower to my own? specifics inclue, intake manifold, ecu, cams, throttle body, heads, fuel injectors, things of that nature.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
    Last edited by islandhopper; 09-05-2011, 09:50 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Thanks. I do appreciate it. I've been told just to swap engines. But I like the f series and want to keep it simple.

Comment

I heard that the P28 ECU between year 92 and 95 can help with some power due to its fuel mappings, and it's a direct swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyingsheep View Post
          I heard that the P28 ECU between year 92 and 95 can help with some power due to its fuel mappings, and it's a direct swap.
          That is absolutely 100% FALSE!

The P28 is tuned for a 1.6L engine. In stock form, it will do serious damage. People use those ECUs to modify ("chip") so they can tune them properly for the engine they are running... however, that is far beyond the scope of this thread. Plus, until an F22A is pretty heavily modified, tuning the ECU offers little benefit anyway.
          Also, the P28 is used on VTEC engines, such as the H22. The P06 is what people use for non-VTEC engines like the F22A.

Comment

Sorry I believe it's the P12 I'm talking about

Comment

Ok, yes. The P12 is an F22A1 ECU from a Prelude S that will give roughly 10hp.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Ok, yes. The P12 is an F22A1 ECU from a Prelude S that will give roughly 10hp.
                Would the p12 be a better replacement than the pt6 with the a6 cam in an a1?? I dont care about the IAB control, my IM currently has them disabled, and I like it.

Op: you can usually go get the cam and IM's at a pick and pull yard for fairly cheap, like here I can get an a6 cam and pt6 for $50
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

That's debatable. Some people say it's good, some say not. It's tuned for the A1 camshaft and the intake manifold that doesn't have the IAB system... so I'd say no, the PT6 is better for a car with the A6 camshaft, or an IAB intake.

Comment

That's debatable. Some people say it's good, some say not. It's tuned for the A1 camshaft and the intake manifold that doesn't have the IAB system... so I'd say no, the PT6 is better for a car with the A6 camshaft, or an IAB intake.
                    Yeah figured, just curious. Debating on grabbing a p06 and having it tuned for my current mods, but unsure if it will be worth it.

Comment

If you're paying a shop to tune it, and you don't at least have a camshaft upgrade... I wouldn't waste the money. If you want to learn how to tune it yourself, then now would be an ideal time to try, since the motor is much more difficult to damage in stock or near-stock form. Just get a map from someone that will run it well enough, and start tweaking it from there.

Comment

If you're paying a shop to tune it, and you don't at least have a camshaft upgrade... I wouldn't waste the money. If you want to learn how to tune it yourself, then now would be an ideal time to try, since the motor is much more difficult to damage in stock or near-stock form. Just get a map from someone that will run it well enough, and start tweaking it from there.
                        Well it wont be until I can get the a6 cam. The reason Im considering the tune is because Ive read some people saying the double stack leans out up top, plus Ill have a slightly better cam, along with I/H/E. And the work will be done by a local member, and the price is dirt cheap, so monetarily it might be worth squeezing another 10-20hp out of it.

Comment

I seriously doubt a tune with those mild mods will squeeze another 10-20... maybe 5, especially if it's a street tune, and not a dyno tune. You'll probably get better fuel economy, though.

Still, if it's cheap, and done by someone that knows what they're doing, it's worth a shot.

Comment

I seriously doubt a tune with those mild mods will squeeze another 10-20... maybe 5, especially if it's a street tune, and not a dyno tune. You'll probably get better fuel economy, though.

Still, if it's cheap, and done by someone that knows what they're doing, it's worth a shot.
                            $25 to chip and probably free tuning time, probably just pay for the dyno time. The 10-20hp number was including the cam and the tune, not just the tune. Plus they want to post a f22a base map on the forum, I think they said there wasnt one on here. Plus I will be able to be hands on, and get some experience.

Comment

Ah, ok. Yeah, with the cam and tune, you may see 10+. Definitely post up the results!

Comment

Working...
                              X