Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

looking for F22 and H22 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for F22 and H22 info

i'm looking for a complete run down on the F22a1 and the H22a1. i'm looking for a like blue print or layout or something of these 2 engines. i wanna know everything about them. i wanna know measurements, horse power, torque, compression, everything. i wanna learn them inside and out. teardown and re-build type stuff. you know what i mean? that kind of info. any help?

Is Google broken?

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
      Is Google broken?
      no its working. just not giving me the info i'm looking for. found some yes. but not in the detail i'm looking for.

Comment

Dude WTF this whole site is practilly dedicated to these two engines. SMH!!!!!!

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
          i've look all over here to an i can't find the full info i'm looking for. or maybe i just havent found the right posting yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 90_CB7_4door View Post
            i've look all over here to an i can't find the full info i'm looking for. or maybe i just havent found the right posting yet.
            No one is just gonna hand you all of the information you are asking for, your gonna have to do research, both here and on the rest of the internet. Then after you do that, after you put in some effort, then we will put forth the effort to help you with your questions. And he's right, this site is dedicated to those engines, pretty much all of the info you ask for its on here, its just not in one place, its pretty scattered. Until you put forth effort you will probably be ignored/ridiculed.
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
              No one is just gonna hand you all of the information you are asking for, your gonna have to do research, both here and on the rest of the internet. Then after you do that, after you put in some effort, then we will put forth the effort to help you with your questions. And he's right, this site is dedicated to those engines, pretty much all of the info you ask for its on here, its just not in one place, its pretty scattered. Until you put forth effort you will probably be ignored/ridiculed.
              i've been looking around the web for a few days now an i just keep finding the same thing over an over again. maybe i'm not wording my questions right. but so far its mostly just been the same info over an over.

Comment

i've been looking around the web for a few days now an i just keep finding the same thing over an over again. maybe i'm not wording my questions right. but so far its mostly just been the same info over an over.
                Lets start with why you want this info. Are you going to do a swap? Are you gonna do a build? Or do you just want this info so you can be "cool"? People will gladly help you if you show the effort, for all we know your some rich kid looking to spend his parents money on a car. When in fact you could be a young shop student looking to build up his car. Just give us something to work with, so far all you have said is that you can't find the info on the web, and everyone here knows that that info is readily available online.
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
                  Is Google broken?
                  See you in 3 days

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                  And you as well.

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                  But this is the beginner section

i'm looking for a complete run down on the F22a1 and the H22a1. i'm looking for a like blue print or layout or something of these 2 engines. i wanna know everything about them. i wanna know measurements, horse power, torque, compression, everything. i wanna learn them inside and out. teardown and re-build type stuff. you know what i mean? that kind of info. any help?
                  A blueprint like a picture, or written info?
                  Most of the info you require is here:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=41915
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39834

What do you need the info for? Are you in the middle of a rebuild, planning one, deciding what pistons to use? etc . . .

If you give a better description of your plans and why you need the particular info you posted you will get much more useful information from the members of this site.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Banned members names are very dark now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Banned members names are very dark now.
                      How does that help the OP, and what does that have to do with the question he asked?
                      Unless you want to find out what Silver + banned = then reply to the thread properly or don't post at all.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Spend some time in the Technical and Performance Tech sections of this site, you can find piles of information on these engines. Also you may want to pickup a factory service manual for the car these engines come in (92-96 Prelude), you will find detailed specs there.

The information is out there, just be patient. I've spent years reading EVERYTHING on this forum, even if it was a modification or engine I had no plans to acquire, just for the knowledge of how it works, what to look for, etc; because I knew pretty much nothing about these cars. Now I'm comfortable with performing almost any common work on these cars.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                          How does that help the OP, and what does that have to do with the question he asked?
                          Unless you want to find out what Silver + banned = then reply to the thread properly or don't post at all.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ec6...ailpage#t=154s

There is alot of information most people never really see about our engines. That will really help you understand and get yourself farmiliar with the way our engine is. For the most part the h22a1 is very similar to the engines shown there but it does have some differences.

Obviously it has vtec and the head design is different than the h23 dohc design

it also has a different automatic timing belt tensioner vs the manual ones found on the lower end engines ( its operation is shown in that video )

Skip to 2:33 in the video to learn all about the engines. There is other usefull relevent information ( since the rover 600 is a rebranded honda which is very similar to the CB chassis )

To answer evil demon this might help the OP by understanding that banned members names are written darker than silver members. It seems to be commonly confused which must be the reason banned members names were changed to be written in darker colors. it does not relate to the thread but i felt the need to point it out.

Comment

i didn't post blueprints but 8 years ago we all collected as much info on them as the internet had. granted there are still different versions of shit i have never heard about but for what you'll come across, you have the info on this site to make your own blueprint.

if you REALLY want a blueprint it would probably have to come from some promotional shit, i've personally never seen an f22/h22 blueprint
                            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Op;

Without knowing exactly what your looking for, to be quite honest its too much information for any one person to answer, completely in one post.

Tips on searching;

-Try using terms like "H22 or F22 piston size" "H22 or F22 wrist pin size" "H22 or F22 bearing clearances" "H22 or F22 cam lift/duration" "H22 or F22 stroke" etc..

Ask the search engine what it is your looking for specifically. And only pick one engine, I was trying to give an example. Anyways, if you look up the specs for whatever your looking for, you'll have better luck.

I guess what Im saying is your prolly going to have tough luck finding one page with everything on it. SO make a list, check it twice and search individually for the measurements you need, on the engine in question.

If your trying to hybrid stuff together, ask it that. Like "H22 head on F22 block" or whatever your looking for.

Good luck, and welcome to the site
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X