Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What mods. can be done on a F22A1???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all honesty, with that many miles on the stock f22a1 I wouldn't worry about performance mods right away. The first thing to do is making sure the motor is rock solid and up for performance driving.
    Begin with replacing the major gaskets and maybe even going as far as overhauling the entire engine. TBH, a f23 from a newer accord could be a cheaper option and net you more performance, but I'm gonna assume you want to keep this engine like it's a child of yours.
    So a simple google search turned up a rather complete gasket kit for $250.
    The next priority after reinforcing the engine is improving the flow of air and exhaust gases. A cold air intake will cost you approximately $50 on ebay (or you can search craigslist for a nicer used one for about the same). A stainless steel header is gonna run you approximately $80 on ebay, but again searching through craigslist could get you a better one for the same price.
    We're at $380 and most of the basics are taken care of.
    Next order of business is the valvetrain. Now I'm assuming your valves aren't trashed, so a Bisimoto cam of your choosing will cost about $250. Also cam gears are suggested so an AEM cam gear costs about $100 depending on where you shop. We're at $700 now.
    I think you want your car to sound nice so a stainless exhaust system (cat back, ebay garbage) will run you $130, then an apexi ws2 muffler will cost another $300, plus you'll make $20 back by selling the now chopped off fart can on craigslist. (grand total is at least 1200 by this point.
    Back to basics, albight a little more important. You should be ripping apart import junkyards like they're a bowl of lucky charms, and you want those marshmallows. Except this marshmallow is an intake manifold, in particular one out of a prelude. You should make it out of there with the manifold and maybe even a throttle body for around $100 (assuming the owner is a greedy jackass), and then a few dollars on some carbide burr tips to port that manifold out some.
    Plugs and wires are another $90, plus a timing belt for $100. You are at $1500 approximately.
    Now it's time to buckle down and really search for some stuff. No matter how much power you have, it comes down to getting it to the ground. I've seen personally, but it might have been a fluke, a prelude lsd transmission for as little as $500 on craigslist. Look for a deal like that, then top it off with a simple exedy clutch kit and a lighter flywheel then I'd assume about now that your $2500 is up.
    Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

IMHO, only the Prelude IM, LSD Trans, AEM intake, and gaskets/tune up are good suggestions. Stay away from ebay garbage. You'll end up paying twice for the same goals. I mean I could be wrong, you may only want like 150whp for your car. If that's cool with you then great. But your car doesn't become fast overnight. Especially not with only $2500. I think what everyone has in their mindset strangely is that you will never spend another dime on your car. Which I'm sure you will eventually. But if you're going to drop that kind of cash. Buy one good part, rather than a bunch of lowly parts that will equal the output of that good part or perhaps even fall short. But in the end its your car, and you will do what you please. But experience is the best teacher they say.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

You could always get the stock rods, and valve springs shot peened.Its relatively cheap, an works.Get the pistons from a reputable business an make sure they work on stock rods before purchasing them.Most of the cost will come from labor sometimes its good to know a thing or too when messing with your own car it cuts cost a great deal.Im going with shot peening on my rods, and valve springs just to have extra strength on my rebuild for when my next build goes into motion.I think its about $100-150 for a set of rods to be peened that match with some ARP rod bolts would be plenty stout enough for a good amount of power.But first an foremost make sure everything is in tip top order.You don't want to do it more than once.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I'm locking this... because in all honesty, the majority of this entire site is dedicated to information on how to modify the F22A. If you're too lazy to read through that information, then anyone that takes time to provide you with that same information in this thread is probably wasting their time. The people that have replied so far have given you a VERY good start.

Comment

Working...
          X