Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Humming sound comming from intake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humming sound comming from intake.

I noticed that there was a weird humming noice comming from the intake the other night. My friend who seems to know what he's doing said it's the timming is off aftrer replacing my distributor.
    Any thoughts on the topic?

I've never known the distributor timing to cause a humming sound in the intake... however, if you replaced the distributor and did not properly set the timing, then the timing IS off.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKCB7 View Post
      I noticed that there was a weird humming noice comming from the intake the other night. My friend who seems to know what he's doing said it's the timming is off aftrer replacing my distributor.
      Any thoughts on the topic?
      Don't ever let your friend work on the car. If your timing was off, your car would feel like it didn't have power. The humming sound it most likely coming from a broken gasket on either the throttle body(easiest to check) or the intake manifold.

Comment

Try not to let people work on your car So when you replace the dizzy did the car run the same. And did you guys use a timming light to check to see if the timming was off

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

He didn't say anyone was working on his car. His friend just said the timing may be off.

Comment

Yeah I am pretty low on the mechanical scale. I can throw the parts on but didn't bother to check with my Haynes manual first.. Yea, the car ran the same after replacing the distributor. I had an engine light come on one night and the humming was the only difference I noticed. Wheathee it had occurrd before that point I don't know. But there was also a tail light that went out the same night, thanks to the cop for noticing lol. The next morning when I went to replace the bulb it was working again and the engine light was off, Im not sure I'd that ties in though.... Anyways, I'll check if the humming is still there and make sure the timming is correct. Thanks guys

Comment

Is the sound like a "whirling" high pitched noise? Because mine is doing that too. And I was wondering why as well or if they are just like that. It SORTA sounds like a fake turbo spooling, that's the best way to describe it. But after an oil change it wasn't AS loud and my "maintance required" light went off. So u might just need a tune up or oil change cuz that helped mine.
              1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
              For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

The maintenance required "light" is actually just a piece of paper that slides.
                The only thing that indicates is when 3,000 miles have gone by since the last time you reset it.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Working...
                X