Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my D4 light auto trans was flashing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my D4 light auto trans was flashing?

ok so when i got home today i pulled into my parking spot and pulled up to far. well when i put it in rev the car died and would not start after i put it back in park. then it started and when i put it back in drive/D4 it would rev just a lil before it moved. so i un connected the bat and now its fine. what could this be and how do i fix it? lmk asap call or text 817 751 0404 brandon

Nobody is going to text you. If you're that impatient, have your car towed to a shop.

The flashing D4 light is telling you that the TCU is reporting an error code. Read the thread at the top of this section that says "read this first" (there's a reason for that...) and you will learn how to read and interpret the error code to determine what the problem is.

Usually, a transmission problem won't make your engine die, though. Is your Check Engine light on as well?

Comment

no lights on my guages at all only the flashing D4 light. and sorry i was just figuring someone has had this prob before and could let me know if its safe to drive still cause my girl has to be at work in 30min and we are using my car.

Comment

It depends on what the problem is. It may not be serious, or it may result in you damaging your transmission. Pull the code, see what it's saying is wrong, and you'll have a better idea of how serious it is.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The flashing D4 light is telling you that the TCU is reporting an error code.
          It will also flash when there is something wrong with the main relay. Check the main relay.

Comment

where is that located? main relay

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=53888
              There is no way to really "check" it tho, u would have to get another one and replace it or repair the current one.

Comment

Under the dash, to the left of the steering column. You can get a picture of it on Google (brown and gray box with one plug coming out of it.) However, pull the code first to see if that's the issue. The main relay controls the fuel pump, so assuming that's the problem right off the bat could result in a wild goose chase.
                However, the main relay COULD account for the engine cutting out... though normally it won't even start, since the fuel pump wouldn't be working.

Don't make assumptions just yet. Follow the clues that the car is giving you, and only when they turn out to be dead ends, look elsewhere.

Comment

sweet thanks =^) like i said i reset the car and now its fine. i will have to check it out more tonight after it cools off cause its 109 here

Comment

If the main relay is failing, the insane heat would most certainly do it.

Comment

yeah one of my buddies is gonna come by tonight and help me see if i can find out what it is. thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by The_New_Guy View Post
                        sweet thanks =^) like i said i reset the car and now its fine. i will have to check it out more tonight after it cools off cause its 109 here
                        Thats another reason that the main relay may be the culprit. Its notorious for acting a fool in hot weather.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          If the main relay is failing, the insane heat would most certainly do it.
                          Uh, yeah I didn't realize u said that already.

Comment

so you think the heat could cause it to short out or even go out? cause its been 100+ for over a month now

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=53888
                              There is no way to really "check" it tho, u would have to get another one and replace it or repair the current one.
                              Yes there is

Or you could just open it up and see cracked solder joints

Comment

Working...
                              X