Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

coilovers or drop springs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coilovers or drop springs?

going to drop my car sometime in september which one do you prefer? coilovers or drop springs?
    Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

Full coilovers.

Comment

drop springs. or full coilovers. either one.
      COUPE K24

Comment

i would go wit the coilover setup because wit those u can adjust ur ride height when ever wit srop springs thats it what u see is wat u get lol

Comment

Originally posted by vi cb7 View Post
          i would go wit the coilover setup because wit those u can adjust ur ride height when ever wit srop springs thats it what u see is wat u get lol
          Personal preference... Coilovers ride pretty hard the spring rates are stiff, And most Springs have softer spring rates so the ride is more smooth but there is no adjustment so its a set ride hight. Also, make sure you upgrade your shocks with any aftermarket springs.

I Prefer coilovers because im one of those low chasis guys, and I hate body roll..

With any Suspension changes be prepared with older cars things may wear out, Take precautions

I'd say do as much reasearch as you can dont rush it....

-----> DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

Comment

Do you have the knowledge and need to have adjustable coilovers? Do you like getting an alignment every time you adjust your height (or new tires a few months later because you didn't...)?

Do you know enough to get shocks that match a set of springs, in terms of height AND spring rate?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmstylz24 View Post
              Personal preference... Coilovers ride pretty hard the spring rates are stiff, And most Springs have softer spring rates so the ride is more smooth but there is no adjustment so its a set ride hight. Also, make sure you upgrade your shocks with any aftermarket springs.

I Prefer coilovers because im one of those low chasis guys, and I hate body roll..

With any Suspension changes be prepared with older cars things may wear out, Take precautions

I'd say do as much reasearch as you can dont rush it....

-----> DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
              yea i understand....juss gonna take my time n not rush and get knowledgeable like dev said.
              Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Do you have the knowledge and need to have adjustable coilovers? Do you like getting an alignment every time you adjust your height (or new tires a few months later because you didn't...)?

Do you know enough to get shocks that match a set of springs, in terms of height AND spring rate?
                this. The question that really should be considered is what are you using this car for? For extensive daily use the softer rates (and lack of any need to really adjust ANYTHING, which to be honest, is where most on this site really are) of just springs and an appropriate shock combo is really best. Are you tracking it? In my opinion this is the only time you would NEED a full coilover set up. the point of them is really just for this purpose- stiffer rates more suitable for track use with varying degrees of adjustability (for varying tracks and conditions, obviously).

Just as long as you know the difference between actual full coilovers and coilover sleeves....which you should stay away from, with few exceptions.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                Traded with: Cb7xChun
                Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                  this. The question that really should be considered is what are you using this car for? For extensive daily use the softer rates (and lack of any need to really adjust ANYTHING, which to be honest, is where most on this site really are) of just springs and an appropriate shock combo is really best. Are you tracking it? In my opinion this is the only time you would NEED a full coilover set up. the point of them is really just for this purpose- stiffer rates more suitable for track use with varying degrees of adjustability (for varying tracks and conditions, obviously).

Just as long as you know the difference between actual full coilovers and coilover sleeves....which you should stay away from, with few exceptions.
                  Im using it for daily use to get from point A to B im not racing or none of that stuff, im just riding around the city and going to school

Members ride Thread

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

Check out that thread (as well as all the "sticky" threads in the suspension section.)
                    The easiest solution if you just want a lower stance on a daily driver that won't be raced would be a set of springs with a low spring rate, that doesn't slam you to the ground. It will be comfortable, practical, and affordable. Plus, you'll be able to run cheaper shocks (such as Koni STR.T... any stiffer, lower springs should use Koni Yellows, which are 2x+ the price of the STR.T... although far superior.)

If you want adjustable coilovers, I suggest Tein Basic. They are inexpensive, made very well, and very well suited to the street. However, I'm not a huge fan of adjustables, since you'll need an alignment every time you mess with them... and since you COULD make your car unbalanced by adjusting them improperly. I know a thing or two about cars, and I honestly don't believe I know enough to even begin to understand how to properly set up a suspension.
                    A final option would be some good shocks (Koni... STR.T or Yellow, depending on what you get.) and a set of Ground Control sleeves (the only sleeves worth buying... everything else sucks, and can even be extremely dangerous.) Ground Control will work with you on spring rates, so you can get a softer spring, They will also guide you in terms of what shocks you should run. The price, however, will approach that of the Tein Basic, which requires less initial thought for the same effect.

Comment

Check out that thread (as well as all the "sticky" threads in the suspension section.)
                      The easiest solution if you just want a lower stance on a daily driver that won't be raced would be a set of springs with a low spring rate, that doesn't slam you to the ground. It will be comfortable, practical, and affordable. Plus, you'll be able to run cheaper shocks (such as Koni STR.T... any stiffer, lower springs should use Koni Yellows, which are 2x+ the price of the STR.T... although far superior.)

If you want adjustable coilovers, I suggest Tein Basic. They are inexpensive, made very well, and very well suited to the street. However, I'm not a huge fan of adjustables, since you'll need an alignment every time you mess with them... and since you COULD make your car unbalanced by adjusting them improperly. I know a thing or two about cars, and I honestly don't believe I know enough to even begin to understand how to properly set up a suspension.
                      A final option would be some good shocks (Koni... STR.T or Yellow, depending on what you get.) and a set of Ground Control sleeves (the only sleeves worth buying... everything else sucks, and can even be extremely dangerous.) Ground Control will work with you on spring rates, so you can get a softer spring, They will also guide you in terms of what shocks you should run. The price, however, will approach that of the Tein Basic, which requires less initial thought for the same effect.
                      thanks everyone i will look more into it! thanks for the brands to

Members ride Thread

Comment

All over this site I keep seeing Koni and Tein as reputable coilover sets. If i had the money, I would love to get a set of Teins. However, what about a Full Suspension kit by Skunk2? The kit seems reasonably priced for a Damper Struts and Adjustable Coilovers.

Comment

Skunk2's shocks are garbage. They aren't even properly matched for the coilover sleeves they provide with them (and the springs are EXTREMELY stiff...)

Honestly, I wouldn't touch a Skunk2 suspension component, at least for an Accord, if you paid me.

Also, Koni doesn't make coilovers. Just shocks.

Comment

Skunk2's shocks are garbage. They aren't even properly matched for the coilover sleeves they provide with them (and the springs are EXTREMELY stiff...)

Honestly, I wouldn't touch a Skunk2 suspension component, at least for an Accord, if you paid me.

Also, Koni doesn't make coilovers. Just shocks.
                            Okay skunk2 haha i can smell it! dey sTINK!

Members ride Thread

Comment

Personally, shocks and lowering springs are a complete waste of money. The only shock/sleeve combo you should consider is Koni Yellow's & GC. Aside from that, you will be disappointed with everything else.

Now, I believe lowering springs are a complete waste of money. The reason being, more than likely, the only reason you are getting them is to lower the car. Eventually, you will not be happy with the ride height of the car and you will want to go lower, which the lowering springs will not allow you to do. What do you do? You end up saving and spending money for a set of a set of coils.

Let's say your new suspension setup before you bought coils cost you $200 or $300. Now that you have coils, you want to sell that setup. Guess what, you won't be getting what you invested back. Down goes $300 which could have initially been spent towards a set of coils had you waited and bought them first. On top of that, coils are best because if you don't like the car at one height, you can either lower it or raise it. The choice is yours. Just whichever ride height you decide to keep it at, leave it like that because when you begin to mess with the suspension, you will also screw with the alignment of the vehicle.

Also, stay away from Tein basics. They are too soft and you will bottom out. I have a set of Tein SS and I think they are excellent for daily driving, but for as low as I am and the way I drive, I need something much stiffer.

Whatever you do, research, research, research.
                              | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Working...
                              X