Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Short Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Shifter

will a 92-95 civic short shifter fit the CB7?
    RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Nope....

Comment

You can get an Accord short shifter for fairly cheap... Though I haven't seen any online specifically for a CB7.

Comment

There are a ton online specifically for the CB7. You can also make your own for about $3 (there are multiple threads in the DIY section about it.)

However, from my experience, and the experience of many others, a short shifter causes very notchy shifting, and ends up in increasing wear on the transmission. I regret ever putting one on my car, now that my synchronizers are shot. I shift faster without, because it's not notchy in stock form.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          There are a ton online specifically for the CB7. You can also make your own for about $3 (there are multiple threads in the DIY section about it.)

However, from my experience, and the experience of many others, a short shifter causes very notchy shifting, and ends up in increasing wear on the transmission. I regret ever putting one on my car, now that my synchronizers are shot. I shift faster without, because it's not notchy in stock form.
          I vouch for that. At first it was cool because of the notchyness. but then it got annoying as hell! It is kind of cool but annoying. I didn't even know it increased the wear and tear on a tranny either. I will be taking mine out shortly then.

Comment

I nearly blew my H22 while racing an SRT-4 thanks to the notchiness. I redlined in 3rd, and slammed it into 2nd instead of 4th. My tach maxed out.
            Half of the staff members at the time had blown an H22 the same way. Miraculously, mine was undamaged. I have NO idea how I didn't break something, but I'm thankful! My shifter was returned to stock the next day!

Comment

i test drove the diy short shifter in a friend's cd9. wasnt very fond of it. i kept mistaking 2 and 4 gear when i wasnt looking down to shift. some civic guy offered me the short shifter for 10 bones. thats why i asked.
              RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Yeah, Civics have rod shifters, we have cables... totally different mechanisms (their systems are more direct... I prefer them, but it's far too much work to convert, sadly.)

I'd grab it for $10 and try to resell it for $20.

Comment

I try not to drive my car hard but I think I remember trying to get in front of someone on the freeway and missing 4th to 2nd. sucks. I wished we had shift rods instead of cable.

Comment

I never really got the point of a short shifter, I don't see how it could really save much time, it's just beating on the tranny.

Comment

The only short shifter that I ever liked on a cb was on my friends 92 but it wasn't one of those little box looking things it was an actual shit mechanisim but its worth like 180. As for me I would rather shift normal than pay 180 to reduce my throw by 40% maybe one day but right now its not needed.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

Now an extended shifter is where its at.Nascar style.......

an another left turn.Im being serious though i like the feel alot better an doesn't look like a chode.

02 Crv
                        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                        X