Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

upper control arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upper control arm

what is a good camber kit that will let me slam my car and adjust my camber with out having my upper control arms hitting my inner fender?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178582

"My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

There is no such thing. Adjusting the camber while lowering your car will ALWAYS result in your upper control arms hitting. You'll have to hammer out the fenderwell to make more room.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        There is no such thing. Adjusting the camber while lowering your car will ALWAYS result in your upper control arms hitting. You'll have to hammer out the fenderwell to make more room.
        You can only hammer so much till you cant anymore. Even with a big ass sledge hammer. After that you cut a hole in your shock tower above the control arm for it to pass through and quit hitting.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
          You can only hammer so much till you cant anymore. Even with a big ass sledge hammer. After that you cut a hole in your shock tower above the control arm for it to pass through and quit hitting.
          how big of a hole? wouldn't that affect body strength
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Cutting a part that is necessary for chassis rigidity is not a very good idea. One big pothole, or one hard turn, and that metal could easily warp or tear where it has been cut... essentially destroying your car.

Comment

Nothing big. It probably does affect strength IDK. But I've know tons of people that have done it to there cb's.

tm123 cb

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

GOD DAMN you don't need to cut THAT much....shit!!!!
                ____

Comment

^^^^^^ how does it look with the car all the way on the ground
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

thats what i was thinking, but theres very little room up there,what is the best thing to use to get some sort of leverage to hit it out,thanks for the info

Comment

I'm thinking an air hammer would be good for this

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                        im not looking to get my camber back to 0 degrees,but something far less then having -4 and replacing my tires every month, but raising the car up is NOT an option, low is a lifestyle

Comment

That, or a long hard pole.

Personally, I'd just not lower the car that much. To me, a slammed car looks broken, and makes the driver look like a ricer kid.
                          With a car that's lowered a moderate amount, a slight degree of negative camber will keep the arm from hitting, but won't be so severe that your tires will be destroyed quickly.

Comment

That, or a long hard pole.

Personally, I'd just not lower the car that much. With a car that's lowered a moderate amount, a slight degree of negative camber will keep the arm from hitting, but won't be so severe that your tires will be destroyed quickly.
                            yeah ive thought about raising it up , but when i raise it, i feel like im driving a monster tuck because im so used to having my car slammed,

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
                            I'm thinking an air hammer would be good for this
                            think so too,thanks

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                            ^^^^^^ how does it look with the car all the way on the ground
                            i wanna see!

Comment

Originally posted by so-jdm-cb View Post
                              im not looking to get my camber back to 0 degrees,but something far less then having -4 and replacing my tires every month, but raising the car up is NOT an option, low is a lifestyle
                              YESIRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had my car like it is in the pic I was dragging the front crossmeber like a boss!!!

And i got a alligment my toe corrected all they could do. And I don't go through tires that fast. I can get like 4 months
                              Last edited by TracieS; 07-09-2011, 05:16 PM.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Working...
                              X