Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 auto looking to turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 auto looking to turbo

new to the site but looking to learn.
    i have a 93 accord lx and i have rebuilt the motor using forged 9.1:1 bisi pistons and rods, p&p head, shortram intake, adjustable cam, 2.5 exhaust from headers out, high flow cat, im looking to add a turbo and have been looking around trying to make sure i get everything right. it is an auto and am wondering what problems i could run into? also how hard a 5 speed swap would be?

i know that i need a new ecu for the tuning part of the car after i get it all together, just wondering if i can get pointed in the right direction. im looking to pull about 200whp to 250whp, and dropping about 1500 for the set up.

just looking for some help in the best way to go to hit the goals

Best idea is to Google what other guys have done. There are multiple turbos that'd work well for your goals. And if you only want to spend 1500 you're going to have to source it and forgo a kit.

Comment

Look on here for things regarding turbo kits using DSM parts. That's really the only way you're going to reach your goals in your price range. The only premade kit that's really worth buying is the kid made by Treadstone.
      Fortunately, your power goals are reasonable, so staying within your pricerange CAN be done.

Tuning for an auto can be tricky, and many CB automatic transmissions aren't in any condition to hold the power even a low-boost turbo setup will make (due more to the neglect they have suffered over the years than any particular weakness in the design.) Swapping to a manual is quite easy, especially if you get a mount kit from ESP (which will also help in keeping the motor in place, since turbo requires the removal of the front mount.) You can do it any way you'd like... just be sure to do your research and know exactly what you're doing before you start buying parts... or you could end up wasting money and breaking things!

Also, are the forged pistons you have made for turbo, or N/A? There is a difference in how they are made, and N/A pistons are a lot more rigid. With the heat produced by a turbo, they could crack. I would assume you've purchased turbo pistons (especially with that compression ratio, which is fairly low for N/A) but I just want to make sure.

Comment

i bought turbo pistons and my cousin owns a transmission shop so rebuilding my auto wont be a problem but i just done know i think having a turboed auto would be pretty sick but im not sure they way im going to go yet i guess it just depends on if i want to do the swap or not. also im wondering about what ecu would be the best one to get to chip it. i live close enough to cobb tuning that i can actually see it from my house but when i talked to the guys there they said they dont know what would be best for the cb7 model.
        also im looking into buying a new camshaft do you have any preference on what one works best and a turboed f22a1

Comment

The P06 would work fine as an ECU.

Tuning for an auto can be difficult, as there are more things to take into consideration. If Cobb will be doing your tuning, then chances are they know enough to do it properly. If you're going to do it yourself and learn as you go, tuning for a manual is much less complicated.

As for the camshaft, I would go with Bisimoto there as well. Nobody knows the F22A like Bisi does!

Comment

thanks man ill for sure go with a bisi cam thats where i bought my pistons and rods, you pay out the but but you get what you pay for. ill look around for whats going to work te best for me

Comment

Working...
            X