Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad leak. No idea where leak is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad leak. No idea where leak is...

as i was driving down the road i noticed my fluid light flashing,
    i got home and started the inspection.

upon inspection, i noticed that the leak was occuring just to the right and up about 5 inches from the drivers side wheel.
    the leak is relatively bad..

i took a picture of where i THINK the oil leak is coming from.

any ideas how i could fix this?
    suggestions much appreciated. thanks.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    If I were in that situation, I'd get my refund in blood if I couldn't get it in cash... but it's best to take the high road.

and i checked both the drain bolt and the oil filter: both clean.
    If I were in that situation, I'd get my refund in blood if I couldn't get it in cash... but it's best to take the high road.

Comment

Cracked head gasket

Cracked cylinder head

I can't really tell with out you actually describing the location , color , smell, or even texture .

A pic helps but not always.

.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

smells like burning gas and oil and the texture's pretty normal; a little rougher than usual.

color?
        i got that too

looks like a shit-rag

Comment

Which fluid light? None of my warning lights are marked 'fluid'. It looks like dirty brake fluid or really clean oil. Clean the engine off in that area, start the engine and then look to see where it starts leaking from. Check your injectors and fuel rail connection on that end too.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            Which fluid light? None of my warning lights are marked 'fluid'. It looks like dirty brake fluid or really clean oil. Clean the engine off in that area, start the engine and then look to see where it starts leaking from. Check your injectors and fuel rail connection on that end too.
            x2 It looks like brake fluid to me. May be an oil leak but checking out the brake fluid line would be worthwhile.

93 LX - Needs work

Comment

No need for the smart remarks.. And the fluid was a little darker before I took this picture. I can post more pictures if needed. Meanwhile, I'll get to looking at those spots.

Comment

Its definitely oil. Went and checked the dipstick, and it's DRY..

Comment

An oil leak that happens all of a sudden and leaks that much is usually the balanceshaft seal. Could be the cam seal but not as likely to leak at that rate.

DON'T run the car anymore. You are actually lucky you made it home as a lot of people who keep driving when the oil light goes on with the balanceshaft seal popped out kill their motor.

Comment

FUCK..

how much is this going to cost to fix?

Comment

i'm about to do the cam seal and balance shaft seal on my car. you're lookin' at about $10 shipped from rockauto.
                      96 mx-6, needs work...
                      91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

The labor involved is the worst part. The seals are cheap, but it can take some time to do. If you pay to have it fixed, it won't be very cheap. If you're willing to get your hands dirty, then it will only cost you a few bucks for new seals and fluids (I would do the timing belt and water pump as well...) and quite a few curse words.

Comment

how much labor am i lookin' at? is this covered in a haynes manual?
                          I'm pretty sure I can get the work done in a day or 2, now that i'm unemployed.

and sorry Deev.
                          i'm just super P'd :[

and damn your sig! lol

Comment

I can't remember if the seals are covered BUT they are covered in the Helms (factory service manual) which you can download for free. Do a search on here and you should be able to get some links. Also, I know I've written a few directions on other people asking about changing the seals so try trying in balanceshaft seal and you should be able to dig up some pics and instructions. Also, if it is the balanceshaft seal, get the $5 seal retainer from Honda. It helps hold the seal in.

If the belt got drenched in oil, I'd do the timing belt for sure as oil does degrade the rubber over time.

Comment

i ended up having to replace the timing belt, crankshaft seal, camshaft seal and the valve cover gasket..

Comment

Working...
                              X