Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

replace suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replace suspension

hi everyone i want to get new suspension part for my 92 cb7. i can get $750 loan from the bank. i have new axles now and stock and springs oem. i want to know will 750 get all the master bushing set and other parts like the tie rods. and other that i need i would like to fine all performance parts and the best place to get them.i dont wont to use ebay for thoses parts.

Are you looking to replace the shocks and springs, or just the other suspension components?

To be honest, getting most parts directly from Honda (ball joints, tie rods, etc...) would be your best bet. Then you can get either the Prothane or Energy Suspension master bushing kits for the rest.

If you want to do shocks and springs, and lower your car in the process... that could be your whole $750 right there, to do it right. The best basic quality suspension you'll want is Koni Yellow shocks with H&R Race or H&R Sport springs, a quality camber kit (ingalls or SPC), and an alignment.

Comment

If you don't have anything useful to add, simply repeating what was previously said is useless. All it will accomplish is getting your post count reset to 0.

Comment

it got new oem springs and shocks and axles on it now.and i do want to replace the ball joints, tie rods, etc... thats why i was asking whats the best place to get them from like autozone,advance auto. but i was looking at the Prothane or Energy Suspension master bushing kits. and later on down the road i might look at lowering the car. i wanted to do the other parts frist.

Comment

Ball joints, tie rods, etc... those things are important, and you can crash if they fail... so get those from Honda. www.hondaautomotiveparts.com is a great place, though occasionally your local Honda dealer may be able to beat the prices there. I say go on the site, price out what you want, wright it down, and take your list to your local dealer. Check their prices. Whatever is cheaper, get that.

The only aftermarket parts that seem to have favorable reviews are the ball joints made by Moog. You may be able to find them at a regular parts store. Still, the Honda ones aren't all that expensive. I'd trust Honda parts above all.

Energy Suspension and Prothane both have good bushing sets, and they're a nice upgrade. Do your research and get the one that you want.

Comment

thanks dee i will look into it. my friend said that i just cant buy the ball joints. i have to buy everything as one but i seen were some people bought just the ball joints.

Comment

You can buy the lower ball joints, but the uppers come with the upper control arm when purchased from Honda. You can find just the joints from aftermarket companies, but I do not suggest replacing just the joint. Pressing the old joint out and pressing the new joint in could weaken the metal that holds it in place... if that fails, it's as bad as the joint failing. You will lose control and crash.

Please do not call me dee. I am not a woman.

Comment

sorry deevergote what call u that again.so it be better buy all honda parts and from what i seen. i like the Energy Suspension master bushing kit. that will work good with the oem parts. on the es master kit i found it online at andys auto sport for the whole bushing kit. the price is like $360 is that a good place to get it from or some where eles. i also seen rockauto.com are the a good place to order from to.

Comment

NEVER buy from andys auto sport. hell, those morons will probably send you a bushing kit for an F150. That company needs to be shut down... sadly, they advertise like crazy, so there's no shortage of people that don't know any better.

TASauto has a kit. Not either of those brands, but the same stuff. They'll at least sell you the right parts.
                  http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Browse.aspx?d=1722&p=1

Comment

You can't go wrong with moog parts. They also offer the complete UCA. I just purchased some rear UCA's for my car and they were repackaged OEM Honda parts. I cheaped out once and bought Falcon front end parts. I"ll just put it this way, I ended up replacing everything out wit Moog. UCA's, lower ball joints and i also did the Energy Suspension master kit that they offer for the CB7. My front end is solid.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Ive been orderin parts from Rockauto.com and Im very happy with them. Great deals on OEM parts and great customer service. A 10 out of 10.

Here are some of the parts I got. I still have more in mind.

Just got these in today.

Comment

Working...
                      X