Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

white oil in pcv valve and under oil cap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white oil in pcv valve and under oil cap..

i was checking the oil level on my engine and decided to inspect my pcv valve..i removed and gave it a lil shake and it rattled.but then white oil dripped out.turn it over and found out more white oil inside.i open up the oil cap and flipped it over and found white oil under it too.damn,i checked my dipstick but its still regular oil, not mixed with water.i open up the valve cover,the oil was still oil (not creamy white).but under the valve cover inside this small (what you call it? air passage?) there are creamy white oil sipping out when i tilt the cover..

what could have cause this? intake manifold gasket is bad and water sipping through the intake manifold?

Most likely, your head gasket is leaking. You are probably blowing white smoke from your tail pipe as well. I would start preparing to replace the head gasket ASAP. If it's not bad yet, it will be eventually... The worse it gets, the more damage could potentially be done to other parts of the engine and/or cooling system.

Comment

i'd say is your headgasket as well.. pls make sure you change it with an OEM. aftermarket gaskets are not really good. i had to change my gasket twice in the last 4yrs due to oil consumption and over heating.

when starting the car in the morning check for smoke that looks abnormal coming from your exhaust as well.

Comment

it's my understanding that the smoke you are seeing is from coolant mixing with oil. like these guys said it is from your head gasket leaking, and allowing the the oil and coolant to mix. i have never changed the head gasket but i think it is a pretty difficult job.
        Parts For Sale
        BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

Or a cracked head.
          Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
          93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

That is true... especially if the car has overheated. The gasket is more likely, but a cracked head (or hell, even a cracked cylinder wall) would give the same result.

Comment

when you change the gasket take the head to a machine shop and have them machine it and pressure test it. The pressure test will cost a little bit more but it will let you know if your head is good or not.
              Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
              93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

The Air/Oil separator in the valve cover, the oil filler cap and pcv valve are common places for condensation to form causing, you guessed it, "white oil". This is neither uncommon, nor need for concern. Being the oil in the valve/rocker area of the head and in the oil pan shows no signs of water, it sounds like you need not worry. I see "white oil"on various engine parts of perfectly healthy engines almost daily. This is just due to condensation from the warming and cooling cycles and/or outside air temp and humidity. If you start seeing a change in the color of the oil on the dipstick or notice a sweet type smell while the engine is running you will then want to determine the source.

Comment

sori for the late update...

ok i'v checked and checked my oil on the dipstick and its still looking like oil..i dont think my headgasket is bad becuz i overhauled my cylinder head five times just so everything is close to perfect..as in change oil seals,valve seat regrind,and complete decarbonizing the chamber and the whole head and gasket is in great condition.

when i fire up the motor and let it warm up to operating temperature,i dont see white smoke blowing as you guys said.no black smoke and no sweet coolant smell.only burn fuel blowing out the muffler.

but there was one incident,one time i did a valve lash job and i completly forgot to put away my valve cover when it started to rain.i was in hurry and worried my motor mite catch some rain,so covered it with a cloth and closed the hood and waited out for the rain to stop..when i came back i saw my valve cover soaked with water.i was able to clean out the water and kept flushing the cover with choke and carb clean and some wd-40.

Comment

Working...
                  X