Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My CB7 IS AUTOMATIC is it a waste of time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My CB7 IS AUTOMATIC is it a waste of time?

My car was given to me as incentive to get my licence years ago... I love the car it drives great but i want a little more umphh if you catch my drift lol. Is it a waste of time and money to hook it up of should i look for a 5 speed? Some one told me to do transmission swap? ANY SUGGESTIONS?

My cb7 is an auto and I "personally" have a love/hate relationship with it. I mean it is what you prefer to drive honestly. Depends on your plans. What are you going to do with this car? If your a manual kind of guy then i would say get an auto to manual swap or search for a manual cb.

Comment

there are lots of auto's with plenty done to them. its all up to you, everyone is a hater when it comes between auto/manual. im auto and ive beat plenty of civics and other cars. in the end its how you like your car.

#3MR 91 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186456
      #2MR 90 sedan: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...51#post2867651
      #1MR 93 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176343

Comment

Do a 5speed swap if u need more ummpphh

Comment

Check out KeeleDesign's thread.

cb7 automatic manual shifter with full line pressure

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Honestly i'm getting kind of bored. I recently drove my friends 99 Civic Si and i had so much fun shifting it was unbelievable. i want that with my car. What would a auto to manual swap cost???

Comment

Are you doing the work yourself?

Comment

Take a look at the "sticky" threads in the Swaps section. You will see detailed information on the auto to manual swap.

You'll be using used parts, so the price depends on how good the deals you find are. $500 is what people usually estimate for the swap. it could be more or less, depending on what you buy, and how much extra you do in the process (lots of things involved SHOULD be replaced as you go...)

Comment

Sell it, people are looking for cheap fuel efficient rides now

Get a manual CB, you will L-O-V-E it.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

It depends on how strongly attached to that particular car you are. I've had 2 CBs, and my original one has always meant more to me than the second one did (though I liked that one.) The second one never really felt like MINE. If your current car means something to you, then swapping is a good idea. If it's just a car, no different from any other car in your eyes, then selling and buying a manual would probably be the easier option.

Comment

my auto is pretty quick with the mods i had. just cause its manual dont make it a race car lol
                      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is happy to have an automatic lol. Nothing wrong with manuals though.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius.27 View Post
                          I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is happy to have an automatic lol. Nothing wrong with manuals though.
                          Touche

Comment

Simple answer no its not a waste. I prefer the 5speed though.

Comment

I did the 5spd swap and i spent more on parts then i did for the car itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X