Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Right Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Rear Window

Any tips for getting it back on it's track w/o taking it all apart? As of now it will go all the way down just fine but comes up only 99% of the way...Leaving about 1/8 inch gap. I can clearly see that it is off it's track.

Thanks in advance.

The regulator is broken. There's a plastic piece on the regulator that is notorious for snapping, and when it does, that is the result... the window won't go up all the way. It's not off track. You'll have to replace the regulator. Fortunately, the regulator/motor assembly isn't all that expensive (check out rockauto.com... there's a 5% discount code in the Beginner Off Topic section for them as well.) It's also very easy to replace. In fact, that was the very first thing I ever did on my car!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      The regulator is broken. There's a plastic piece on the regulator that is notorious for snapping, and when it does, that is the result... the window won't go up all the way. It's not off track. You'll have to replace the regulator. Fortunately, the regulator/motor assembly isn't all that expensive (check out rockauto.com... there's a 5% discount code in the Beginner Off Topic section for them as well.) It's also very easy to replace. In fact, that was the very first thing I ever did on my car!
      Thanks Deeve. I'll check the Haynes manual for disassemble/reassemble instructions.

Comment

Sorry one more question. Can you confirm this is the correct part I need?

4dr sedan; w/power; RH Rear door glass regulator

Comment

If that description matches what you have, then yes, that should be correct.

Honestly, you really don't need a manual to take it all apart. It's quite simple to do. Just look at it, and think about your next step before you turn a wrench. The only thing that you'll need to be aware of is keeping the window from crashing down when you unbolt it.

Comment

Good question! I'm glad I found this! I will probably do my windows next since only the driver's side works and it's too hot in GA! I have the same problem with my back passenger window but I can atleast pull it up by hand when it rains. The other 2 windows will not go down at all. I think they are off track.

Newest addition to the family...

Comment

damn...same problem... rear driver's dside...

the motor is completely dead...i can push the window about half way down before it stops... i can also only bring it up to about 1 inch from closure bt stops again...

i don't have the motor right now...in the meantime, could i just take off the door panel, losen the bolts and move the window in the completey closed position? just have to make sure to lock all the windows so nobody touches it!
              '93 LX Accord Anniversary Auto
              66K Miles (yes, only that much) and no rust!

Comment

my driver's window has been stuttering when going up or down for about a year now and sometimes stops, then i gotta bring it back down and try raising it fast to build momentum or even push up on the glass while pressing the button, could that possibly be regulator related?
                IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

Originally posted by erg153 View Post
                  Any tips for getting it back on it's track w/o taking it all apart? As of now it will go all the way down just fine but comes up only 99% of the way...Leaving about 1/8 inch gap. I can clearly see that it is off it's track.

Thanks in advance.
                  Originally posted by deevergote View Post

that's right happen to me as well . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X