Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

flashing ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flashing ecu

so if i were to get an ecu from another honda accord like mine. would it need to be flashed? i didnt think it would need to be sense its the same thing. what does it mean to have a ecu flashed?
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

as long as you grab the right one. There are different ecu's for each trim and everything. Flashing might be for tuning, maybe? Im not sure

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
    Originally posted by keepinitclean
    I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

You do not "reflash" these ECUs.

In addition, the Accord ECU is currently unable to be properly modified for a custom tune.

If you get another ECU from a CB7 with the same engine and transmission as your car, it will run exactly as it should.

Comment

ok cause i was talking about ecu's to my friend and he was like you have to get em reflashed even if you get it from the same car. it didnt make sense to me as there tuned to run all the same fuel and all that stock.

edit: when you say modified for a tune, do you have to get it chipped to do that? if you add a turbo dont you have to retune the ecu?
        Accord SE

93se
        Members Ride
        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

Yes.

"reflash" is a term more commonly associated with newer ECUs. It generally refers to tuning them, or at least uploading a different fuel map.

If you switch one ECU for another of the same model, there is no need to tune them. Generally, Prelude and Accord ECUs cannot be tuned.

A word of advice: don't listen to that friend. He clearly knows nothing.

Comment

haha. ya i think he lets working at autozone get to his head a lil. good guy for sure. and it didnt make sense to me so i thought i would ask.
            Accord SE

93se
            Members Ride

Comment

I have yet to meet an Autozone employee that actually knew what he was talking about... (actually, not true... my neighbor's grandson knows a ton, but something tells me he already quit that place... I saw him there on his first day.)

Comment

haha ya i here ya man. there are a select few that know what there talking about.i just drive the vans lol.
                Accord SE

93se
                Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                X