Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

RAM air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAM air intake

now in theory this sounds great. As it is the same as a supercharger but on a much smaller scale, so who has tried it or know of someone that has?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECT...item3cb825c0c2

It will do more harm than good.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

That is basically a blower from a boat. Used to exhaust the engine area before start up. I did one just to see if it would do anything and it did! It used up more amps than it was worth. In short...it is junk.

Comment

Originally posted by CRX Toad View Post
        That is basically a blower from a boat. Used to exhaust the engine area before start up. I did one just to see if it would do anything and it did! It used up more amps than it was worth. In short...it is junk.

thanks so back to the turbo supercharger route jk

Comment

That thing will never spin fast enough to make a difference. It will just be a massive restriction in your intake... until it breaks and sends chunks of plastic into your engine.

turbo supercharger? Are you trying to be clever because you are ignorant of the concept of twincharging? Or the fact that a turbo really IS a supercharger? Or am I just not getting your joke?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            That thing will never spin fast enough to make a difference. It will just be a massive restriction in your intake... until it breaks and sends chunks of plastic into your engine.

turbo supercharger? Are you trying to be clever because you are ignorant of the concept of twincharging? Or the fact that a turbo really IS a supercharger? Or am I just not getting your joke?

Kinda...
            turbocharger = exhaust gas driven
            supercharger = belt driven

Both are forced induction though

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0609...ger/index.html

Comment

Yes, but a turbo is a supercharger by definition... the "exhaust driven" attribute is what we use to differentiate it, but it is still essentially a supercharger.

Comment

I guess I'm used to considering a SC the ROOTS style supercharger or blower like you see on old dommies, which works differently then a centrifugal SC. It's not really compressing the air, it just helps push it in faster (PSI for turbo and centrifugal SC vs. CFM for a ROOTS style SC) (I'm simplifying things, but it's a total difference in power delivery).

I can't believe that people are still considering these bilge pump fans. you'd think word would have spread that they don't work. I guess Hannum was right, though.

Comment

Make the price cheap enough, the claims appealing enough, and the picture intriguing enough... and people will buy it. Just as fish will never learn that worms don't swim in place, people will never learn that there's no cheap, easy, reliable way to bolt on significant horsepower.

Comment

...people will never learn that there's no cheap, easy, reliable way to bolt on significant horsepower.
                    AH, but we can always wish...

Comment

If I post a universal "add 25hp!" part on ebay, and sell it for $20 shipped, with a $5 overhead (cost to me, and shipping), and 1000 suckers say "it might not work, but for $20, I'll give it a try!"... I walk away with $15,000.

Comment

If I post a universal "add 25hp!" part on ebay, and sell it for $20 shipped, with a $5 overhead (cost to me, and shipping), and 1000 suckers say "it might not work, but for $20, I'll give it a try!"... I walk away with $15,000.
                        Im in the wrong business then..

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                        Originally posted by keepinitclean
                        I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Working...
                        X