Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Deleting PS,A/C and CC whats the overall benefit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting PS,A/C and CC whats the overall benefit?

I was going to delete my CC and PS but i want to keep my A/C. I live in TX and Its hot as shit here and this is my daily driver for the moment.So whats the overall benefit of removing all these luxury items from my CB and is it possible to keep the A/c and just remove the cc and ps?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177927 <MY BUILD PROGReSS
    Originally posted by deevergote
    it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

CC and PS, along with AC, are belt-driven systems. Deleting them reduces the load they put on the engine, thus freeing up more power. Im not sure which one puts the biggest load on the engine, though Id think AC would. And yes, you can remove CC and PS and still maintain AC.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
      CC and PS, along with AC, are belt-driven systems. Deleting them reduces the load they put on the engine, thus freeing up more power. Im not sure which one puts the biggest load on the engine, though Id think AC would. And yes, you can remove CC and PS and still maintain AC.
      I would think the ac would put less of a load since the ac pulley is not active until ac compressor is switched on otherwise doesnt it just spin freely with minimal resistance? and also would you happen to know what size belt it would use if i just kept the AC?
      it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

Comment

And thanks for the info .

Comment

tiny bit of weight reduction :P

but most of all the belt driven items that free up power on your engine

Comment

CC is not belt driven

AC is only belt driven when you turn it on

PS is a little parasitic but not much at speed

Now the weight savings are real, esp since these systems hang primarily ahead of the front axle

But IMO deleting any of these systems on a daily driver is stupid as hell. How often do people need that extra HP more than they do A/C or P/S? This is one of those mods I really hate.

OP I wouldn't do it.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              CC is not belt driven
              Are you sure....?

But when it's on, it puts quite the load on the engine though.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

CC is not belt driven

PS is a little parasitic but not much at speed

Now the weight savings are real, esp since these systems hang primarily ahead of the front axle

But IMO deleting any of these systems on a daily driver is stupid as hell. How often do people need that extra HP more than they do A/C or P/S? This is one of those mods I really hate.

OP I wouldn't do it.
                Your right i think ill keep the PS and AC and lose the CC which is not belt driven but useless to me since most of my trips are street and I'll prob just gut the car and remove the back seats to shed some pounds.....

Comment

Originally posted by I-Deal214 View Post
                  Your right i think ill keep the PS and AC and lose the CC which is not belt driven but useless to me since most of my trips are street and I'll prob just gut the car and remove the back seats to shed some pounds.....
                  Even gutting a daily is a bad idea. The fumes and noises will give you a headache and opening the cabin to the trunk will make your P/S less effective.

Just save up your money, get the following:

H23 intake manifold
                  2.5" exhaust
                  F22A6 cam
                  OBX or Megan Racing header

And a half decent suspension (Koni STR.Ts + anything)... good to go

CBs don't have to be gutted to be fun, and anything you strip off of it won't be worth the functionality you lose.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Even gutting a daily is a bad idea. The fumes and noises will give you a headache and opening the cabin to the trunk will make your P/S less effective.

Just save up your money, get the following:

H23 intake manifold
                    2.5" exhaust
                    F22A6 cam
                    OBX or Megan Racing header

And a half decent suspension (Koni STR.Ts + anything)... good to go

CBs don't have to be gutted to be fun, and anything you strip off of it won't be worth the functionality you lose.
                    Welll im actually planning to take the rear seats out and keep the board that goes to the back support from the rear seats and fiberglass a speaker enclosure and amp mount so the trunk and cabin will still be seperate and im planning to do a wire tuck and a full duraflex insulation to the bottom and doors and engine firewall to seal the sound and heat from the cabin.and also its a coupe so im not too worried about the back seats.
                    But thanks on the insight.

Comment

If you are REALLY concerned about weight and such, sell this car and find a DX. No CC or A/C (unless A/C was added by the dealer). The DX also has no power windows or power locks...

Personally, I agree with gloryaccordy. The HP increase and weight savings are negligible and the loss of functionality is more of a detriment to a daily driver. Also, if you remove the power steering, you should replace the steering rack with a manual unit and replace the VSS with a manual unit, as it is lubricated by the power steering system.
                      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                        If you are REALLY concerned about weight and such, sell this car and find a DX. No CC or A/C (unless A/C was added by the dealer). The DX also has no power windows or power locks...

Personally, I agree with gloryaccordy. The HP increase and weight savings are negligible and the loss of functionality is more of a detriment to a daily driver. Also, if you remove the power steering, you should replace the steering rack with a manual unit and replace the VSS with a manual unit, as it is lubricated by the power steering system.
                        or you can also add or not empty the fluid and cover them with some bolts or something, i have no A/C, P/S, CC and the balance shaft belt, you can def. feel a big differance...hell i live in vegas and have no A/C!!

Plus A/C kills your engine faster....

Comment

Originally posted by I-Deal214 View Post
                          Welll im actually planning to take the rear seats out and keep the board that goes to the back support from the rear seats and fiberglass a speaker enclosure and amp mount so the trunk and cabin will still be seperate and im planning to do a wire tuck and a full duraflex insulation to the bottom and doors and engine firewall to seal the sound and heat from the cabin.and also its a coupe so im not too worried about the back seats.
                          But thanks on the insight.
                          Ah ok

Well still, keep all that shit (AC/PS/CC). No amount of weight savings will help offset your system so it not worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                            or you can also add or not empty the fluid and cover them with some bolts or something, i have no A/C, P/S, CC and the balance shaft belt, you can def. feel a big differance...hell i live in vegas and have no A/C!!

Plus A/C kills your engine faster....
                            AC doesn't kill your engine. At least no faster than removing the balance shaft would.

Since you took all that stuff out, how often have you been to the track?

Comment

AC doesn't kill your engine. At least no faster than removing the balance shaft would.

Since you took all that stuff out, how often have you been to the track?
                              twice, and i never heard that removing the balance shaft will kill your engine.....

all it does it controls the vibrations.....

Comment

Working...
                              X