Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 93 accord sounds.. different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 93 accord sounds.. different?

93 Automatic Honda Accord

When I accelerate, it's a much deeper bass like sound then before. I personally like it .. But it's probably a sign of my motor about to explode.. idk. This was the first time I noticed it for about a 5 minute drive, when I was coming home, my car would NOT role on idle at red lights.. It was like.. the brake was stuck or something.. I pressed the brake, and it felt much firmer, with it barley being pressed. It did stop the car.. My car wouldn't change gears to get up this huge hill, it just.. bogged up it.. Anyways, I noticed more than usual smoke coming out of the exhaust, (It's always smoked on start up..) .. but this is smoke when pressing the pedal down...

What could the problem be? I might have left some things out, but I'm hear to answer any extra details you need.

(I'm uploading a video now..)

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uEaNd8SsV8

.. And be sure to watch until the end and notice the struggle to start back up?.. It never does that..
    Last edited by tlej@live.com; 05-21-2011, 07:42 PM.

haha sounds funny. i hope someone chimes in to help you out. good luck
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Kind of hard to tell but to give you a couple ideas to think about, when you first said brakes felt harder, I though leaking brake booster. A bad leak will cause the power assist to quit working making it much harder to brake and the engine to lose power (the booster gets vacuum from the intake manifold). To check this, inspect the big vacuum hose for cracks or tears (goes from the back of the manifold, runs near the cowl, and back down near the brake master cylinder). If you don't see any, remove the booster end of the hose from the booster, stick a big bolt or spark plug or something to block it. Then start up the car and see if the car idles better. Don't drive it like this as you will have a very hard time braking.

The other thing is you may have a bad motor. I can't tell if the smoke coming out the exhaust is white or blue but I'd lean towards white which would suggest a blown headgasket. The motor running crappy/low idle speed may cause the brakes to feel firm because it's not getting enough vacuum from the bogging motor. But it should feel fine if the car is driving around at 3000rpms or whatever....which is why I would check the booster first.

Comment

The deeper sound is probably just an exhaust leak. That was the case with my previous accord. However the smoke and stiffness of your gears might be something really serious shop time??/ swap time?

Comment

This car is currently just my extra vehicle for fun. I don't push it to it's limits or anything.. But I still use it.

The smoke smells like something that's burnt, not sweet. It's white from what I can see.

My transmission has always been awful, the hardest shifts EVER. (Knocks my radio out of it's racks/cd skips).. Feels like I crashed almost when it shifts xD.. (Scares the living SH-T out of people who have never rode with me before..).. It also slips going up hills or on hard accelerations. (Passing people is impossible.)

But I just did some little troubleshooting things, and my battery is way low.. down in the 5% range. Also, I checked my oil, ... completely empty. I just put some in a month or so ago.. maybe put 100 miles on it sense.

Comment

Hmm.. your motor might be toast then. It's maybe to the point that the rings are so bad that you're burning a lot of oil and have very low compression and doesn't run very smoothly anymore.

Comment

Looks to me like the timing may have slipped. Check it.

Comment

Working...
              X