Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

p12 auto ecu into manual car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p12 auto ecu into manual car

soo i cleaned all the sensors around the intake real good..egr ect..all three..and the erradic idle stoped alot..does it very little...

my p12 is off a auto and i have manual..my bro was saying we can fix this by getting a fpr because we can tune the gas and air just right and it will be near perfect and idle good.without the feathering form 1000rpm to 1300.

anybody have experience with this?? and does his idea sound good/logical?

thanks.
    Last edited by 2283kdogg; 05-21-2011, 01:42 AM.

OR, you could adjust the FITV. There are literally hundreds of threads on here about erratic idle, I don't think an FPR is the reccomendation for any of them. When I swapped my pt3 for the p12 I got the erratic idle, cleaned and tightened down the disk inside the FITV (I believe it's the FITV, I always get the two mixed up. It's on the right side of the IM, if you open it up and there's a slotted whitish colored plastic disk it's the right one, turn the disk clockwise until it's snug, put the top back on and start her up.) and it went away.

#8 in the diagram.

Comment

I think I remember reading how it doesnt matter about what kind of ECU it is because there is a separate TCU running the transmission.

1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan, 205K, DD once again

Comment

The automatic ECU is supposed to give a bit extra fuel at the shift point. It should have nothing at all to do with idle.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          OR, you could adjust the FITV. There are literally hundreds of threads on here about erratic idle, I don't think an FPR is the reccomendation for any of them. When I swapped my pt3 for the p12 I got the erratic idle, cleaned and tightened down the disk inside the FITV (I believe it's the FITV, I always get the two mixed up. It's on the right side of the IM, if you open it up and there's a slotted whitish colored plastic disk it's the right one, turn the disk clockwise until it's snug, put the top back on and start her up.) and it went away.

#8 in the diagram.

did that bro..and yea it worked alot...it almost perfect...but my friend said he can fine tune it and get the air and fuel pressure just right to make it run good..just want yours guys opinion on that..

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The automatic ECU is supposed to give a bit extra fuel at the shift point. It should have nothing at all to do with idle.
            true...when i shift it does go a lil higher than normal..not a big difference...but yea..

Comment

It's your ride, how knowledgable is your friend? Would you trust him with your engine? Personally, very few people get to touch my car with a tool. And then only after they've proven their ability and knowledge on someone else's ride.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                It's your ride, how knowledgable is your friend? Would you trust him with your engine? Personally, very few people get to touch my car with a tool. And then only after they've proven their ability and knowledge on someone else's ride.
                lol..hes like 58..and fabricates and ect..hes a wise old fart..
                soo i think hes right..lol.ill give it a try and see wat happens then i ll post results..thanks anyways guys..

Comment

I didn't bother reading the rules, so now I'm banned.

Comment

^^^^^ I'm curious what was posted here.

To clear up a few things, everyone might not have realized.

Automatics are different cars than their 5 spd counterpart. Not just because they have a Different transmission.

Most automatic side versions, have different throttle bodies, sometimes the intake manifold it's self is shaped differently. Along with the exhaust manifold and exhaust. Even injector sizing could be diffeent, along with the fuel pressure as most auto's have higher pressure. With these different changes most the time the ECU is also calibrated to compensate for these changes.

Meaning the deadtime on your injector pulse time width is increased so they stay open longer or shorter amounts of time, depending on fuel pressure. This is what controls your idle in automatics, either making them purrrr or become super lopey as if it were cammed.
                    In practice, the ecu could mess your 5 spd idle up along with low-mid-WOT LTFT.

lo LTFT and mid LTFT (Long term Fuel Trims) could actualy give you alot worse gas milage, After a long period of time your ecu will try and compensate till it reaches it's target A/F ratio, from the readings it gets from the narrow band o2 sensor.
                    But it will have difficult time doing so, if it can at all, because if your pulse width deadtime isn't set correctly, It's going to continue to throw it off and it'll try and start over and over.

Most Autos need the extra amount of fuel at idle and between shifts so that it will increase the actual amount of torque once shifted, and to keep the Airflowperrev in it's proper range. Not to mention timing on a automatic is drastically different than a 5 spd.
                    Their low rpm's have a considerable timing curve so that it's less stress on the torque converter to build up pressure. Not to forget the TCU tells the ECU to reduce timing up to 11-14 degrees when shifting, just to save anything from being damaged, like watered down gas being in your car creating knock. Yes knock even on a 8:8:1 compression.
                    Without a TCU present the ECU will automatically retard the timing constantly without throwing a CEL light, because it's counterpart TCU isn't sending a signal at all.
                    For Automatic owners, my KDIShift box will keep your ecu from retarding your timing between shifts and allowing for a major power gain because of this. Good gas and nothing will be hurt.

Lost my train of thought, if it comes back I'll add more to rap this up.
                    Edit: this seems like it should go somewhere more important than this thread. why do I do that.
                    Last edited by KeeleDesign; 06-11-2011, 09:39 AM.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

so needless to say, even if your banned, this could be part of your problem.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

He'll be back to read it in a week, unless he decided to make another name to bypass the ban (in which he'll be gone for good.)

Still, that's useful information for anyone that's smart enough to search in the future (which is maybe 10% of noobs...)

Comment

Working...
                        X