Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Nut on the Tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that the belt is walking off the camshaft gear is due to some alignment issue in the belt path, not the tension of the belt. Personally, I think you have a messed up tensioner assembly. Bring it down to Honda or Autozone and compare it to a fresh from the factory one.

If the back plate on the tensioner assembly is bent in such a way that it it pressing against the timing belt, it could be pushing the belt off towards the driver's side wheelwell.

Other possibilities: did you take the crankshaft gear off of the crankshaft? If so, is it on correctly/fully so that it is directly below the camshaft gear? If that was off it would pull the belt off the camshaft pulley.

Third, make sure the balance shaft pulley is on in the correct orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post

Other possibilities: did you take the crankshaft gear off of the crankshaft? If so, is it on correctly/fully so that it is directly below the camshaft gear?I took it off to get to the seal back there yes. replaced the seal and the metal retainer thingie that goes flush to the block with the concave side pointed in. put the gear back on all the way pushed back. If that was off it would pull the belt off the camshaft pulley.

Third, make sure the balance shaft pulley is on in the correct orientation. there's only one way this goes on correct? The words are printed on the outside of the pulley. that scares me if someone could possibly put that on wrong....lol.
      we're getting back out there tonight. honda would have to order a tensioner so they dont have one on hand for me to compare it and same thing with oreilly's. haven't checked with the zone, ours scares me.

Newest addition to the family...

Comment

WOOOOO..i feel so stupid though

Apparently we installed the shim backwards on the bottom crankgear and it was pushing the gear out and pushin the belt with it. I blame my husband because he was the one who originally pulled all that off and he didn't remember which way it went on. so CB7 is back on the road.

Newest addition to the family...

Comment

Originally posted by s.green View Post
          Apparently we installed the shim backwards on the bottom crankgear and it was pushing the gear out and pushin the belt with it. I blame my husband because he was the one who originally pulled all that off and he didn't remember which way it went on. so CB7 is back on the road.
          There you go. Good job fixing it. Glad you got 'er done.

It's always mysterious until you fix it. Then it becomes obvious!

Comment

Awesome! I was just about to PM you and ask about this when I saw your post!

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

Working...
            X