Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 swapped guys running an accord trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 swapped guys running an accord trans

How does your transmission fair when actually getting on it and what shape is your transmission in? I ask because I can get a mint 19k~ accord trans for cheap. My current transmission hasn't liked the high rpm power of the h22a and refuses to go into second at redline. This trans is now starting to pop out of 2nd and 3rd.

Basically, I'm just trying to find out if an accord trans, in good condition, will be able to mesh gears at h22 level rpms.

Thanks for the time guys, Joe.
    1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
    1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
    Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

honestly i dont know, but i dont think so..my accord has 215k on it and dropped in h22 and the next day wasted 2nd gear snynchro and cant redline shift it anymore, lol. I even have royal purple fluid in mine! i am going to upgrade to the h22 tranny. Again, not sure if the prelude trannys are stronger or just designed to shift at 8000rpm, or if the average age of the accords trannys with the high miles make them go quick..

Comment

The Accord and Prelude transmissions are nearly identical in terms of strength. The Accord transmissions often seem to have more miles on them, and have suffered greater wear.

Comment

I have a Gearspeed-built Accord trans bolted to my H22A1 and I still have issues shifting into 2nd at high RPMs. Normal driving it shifts like butta, but take it deep into VTEC and it doesn't seem to like 2nd gear anymore. This is with new carbon coated synchros and Mobil 1 0/30 full synthetic. It did the same with Honda MTF...
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I have the same problem shifting into second at redline - 7200 . However when I push it to about 7500 it shifts perfect weird . Definitely love the long gearing of the Accord transmission though !

Comment

f22 trans on h22, shifts out of vtec.
            A chipped p28 to lower VTEC solves this problem.
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
              f22 trans on h22, shifts out of vtec.
              A chipped p28 to lower VTEC solves this problem.
              have VTEC engagement set somewhere between 4500 and 5000 RPM .

Comment

I don't have any problems with either of the Accord trans I've had. The current one I have was sitting in Steve's garage for who knows how long. I even raised the VTEC crossover on my current tune to 5600 since I got larger exhaust which altered the top end a little bit. The only reason I even replaced the one I had previously was because of a near accident where I frantically missed a shift because I was trying to steer out of the way. Maybe I'm just lucky.....
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I am having the same problem as above trying to shift into second at high rpm. Although i like the long gears(especially on highway) i am seriously considering changing to h22 tranny.Is it that much more better in terms of acceleration between the 2 trannys?

Comment

Not only is the final drive numerically higher in an h, 4.266 vs 4.062, the gears are closer together, which make for a more performance oriented gearset. You can always run an h22 transmission with an f series 5th gear installed to help drop the cruising rpms.

well, looks like I'm going to grab that accord trans. My current one has gotten far worse, I can't downshift into 3rd gear unless I'm doing so to accelerate, otherwise it pops right out of gear no matter what I do. Time to go clutch shopping.
                    Last edited by JoshM; 06-03-2011, 11:38 PM. Reason: merged
                    1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Make sure that it is a 92 or later trans. 90-91 had weaker synchros and mainshaft...
                      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                        Make sure that it is a 92 or later trans. 90-91 had weaker synchros and mainshaft...
                        Hmm, that's interesting maybe that's why mine couldn't take it. Naw, more like the 200k miles it has on it. Lol.

My Workout Log

Comment

Originally posted by 91H22ACB7
                          well, looks like I'm going to grab that accord trans. My current one has gotten far worse, I can't downshift into 3rd gear unless I'm doing so to accelerate, otherwise it pops right out of gear no matter what I do. Time to go clutch shopping.
                          Why get an H transmission when you can just rebuild the synchros? Roughly the same price but one option gets you far greater performance and longevity. I recommend carbon lined synchros from Synchrotech. They're only 275 I believe. An H trans in good condition generally goes for 550+, LSD and you're looking at 700+. If you can pull the trans yourself then all you need to pay for is for someone to install the synchros for you. Shouldn't be too much.....
                          Last edited by Joey GT-R; 05-26-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                            I have a Gearspeed-built Accord trans bolted to my H22A1 and I still have issues shifting into 2nd at high RPMs. Normal driving it shifts like butta, but take it deep into VTEC and it doesn't seem to like 2nd gear anymore. This is with new carbon coated synchros and Mobil 1 0/30 full synthetic. It did the same with Honda MTF...
                            Did you buy the transmission from someone else or did you send your own to hear speed. I think you may have my old one and if you brought it off someone they probably ran that transmission to hell and back hard.

Comment

Really sparkle?

Comment

Working...
                              X