Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wanna put on a turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanna put on a turbo

i wanna puta turbo im my f22 what all needs to go it first before it will do its job.

What is your intended purpose for the car (race, daily, weekend)? What is your expected power goals? What condition is your current motor in or are you planning to rebuild? There are several different routes that I have seen from DSM setups, tubular manifolds to log manifolds. Each have there own pros/cons.

Comment

Originally posted by h22vtec91 View Post
      i wanna puta turbo im my f22 what all needs to go it first before it will do its job.
      Since you have obviously abandoned your other thread, Which engine are you now talking about?

The very first thing you need is research, and understanding.

As I said in your other thread, "What are your goals, and how much power are you looking to make?"

You could have 600hp on a stock engine, but I'd expect it to last about 10 seconds.
      You could have 200hp on a stock engine, but without proper tuning or preventative maintenance, I'd expect it to last about 10 seconds.

How much money are you willing to spend?
      Do you have another mode of transport while you build?
      Is it going to be a daily driver?
      How much power are you wanting to achieve?
      How quickly do you need it to be finished?
      Do you have a company that your trust to supply you with quality parts?
      Do you have a good tuner in your area?

Etc.

Not to discourage you, but these are all things that need to be taken into account BEFORE you even start buying or planning parts.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I can understand dreaming, or even the excitement you get to see, when someone with a lot of knowledge and reputation posts on your threads. As it is a good feeling. Both of them that is. I sometimes think the older crouds on every forum, forgets this feeling over time. Dreaming is a good thing, and can create great things.

I think you should give us a better idea about yourself, and how deep your wallet goes. Most of us on here realize that, if a newcomer comes onto the forums, they more then likely are like us and not rich at all. Their are a few exceptions for certain members though, myself excluded.
        "I am being judgmental right now. "

With that being said, I'd like you to make a budget and a realistic goal.

0. what type of power do you want to see? low end power with low revving motor, or high end power with high end revs? or a perky little sucker that can nearly hold it's own. The problem is so many newer cars are coming from the factory with 300-500 hp these days, that includes trucks cars etc..... the one thing we have is weight to hp ratio.

1. If you plan on turbocharging, this car cannot be your only bread and butter getter. You WILL need a backup. rather it's dealing with the build /tune/ breaking parts.

2.Is your car a 5spd or an automatic, Their are a lot of benefits to both.

3. An engine swap could be cheaper with a great amount of power increase at half the cost of a turbo swap.

4. make a thread for your car, even if you don't have pics, so we can know what it is and all it's specs.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
        X