Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What tips/tricks do u have 4 the best gas mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tips/tricks do u have 4 the best gas mpg

Like the title says. What tips/tricks do you have for getting the best gas mpg?
    lets get this going and see what we can figure out and how high we can get the mpg. with gas getting so costly.

been discussed a million times.

keep up on the maintence
    check tire pressure
    drive like a granny

30mpg
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

but we all know none of us can stand to drive like a granny

Comment

Yep, I get 25mpg driving hard around the country, 28 on the hwy doing 80.

I've actually found that WOT to get to my cruising speed gets better mpg than lightly accelerating for a much longer period of time. I'm WOT in 1st and 2nd and then straight to 5th to cruise. Of course the further you drive with a warm engine the better. Drive 65-70 on interstate. Do a valve adjustment, clean fuel system with Lucas cleaner. Run 87 gas to get the most power out of our low compression engine. Take unneeded weight out of your car. Trade your fat gf in for a skinny one then tell her she's fat so she'll lose even more weight. j/k.
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Then you wont get good gas mileage, its as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
            Yep, I get 25mpg driving hard around the country, 28 on the hwy doing 80.

I've actually found that WOT to get to my cruising speed gets better mpg than lightly accelerating for a much longer period of time. I'm WOT in 1st and 2nd and then straight to 5th to cruise. Of course the further you drive with a warm engine the better. Drive 65-70 on interstate. Do a valve adjustment, clean fuel system with Lucas cleaner. Run 87 gas to get the most power out of our low compression engine. Take unneeded weight out of your car. Trade your fat gf in for a skinny one then tell her she's fat so she'll lose even more weight. j/k.
            +1
            I've noticed that too. I haven't driven in months. When I first started again a month or so ago I was granny driving. I got about 24 mpg. This past tank I was holding out my gears a LOT longer, kinda getting on my car a bit (not beating on her) and I got just under 28! Same kind of gas (Shell 87), same hot/cold weather, no highway usage.

I do need to do a valve adjustment though... I have a tick from when my ex-employee "did it" when I replaced my spark plug tube seals. I don't think he knew how to use a feeler gauge
            I <3 My Honda CB9!
            My Hondas
            1992 Integra LS Coupe (Sad story...)
            1995 Civic VP Coupe (Traded for->)
            2002 Civic EX Coupe (Traded for->)
            2006 Acura MDX (Long story...)
            1988 Accord DX Sedan (Donated to a friend)
            1992 Accord LX Wagon (Sad Story)

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              Then you wont get good gas mileage, its as simple as that.
              Truth I have accepted. Like I said, really quick acceleration tends to net me better mileage than LOOONNGGG drawn out acceleration. But other than that just drive slower if you want better mileage. Also, learn to take turns as close to normal speed as possible so you don't have to speed back up after them. I know all my turn limits to work.
              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

on this note where would i need to go to get a valve adjustment? cuz im gonna do my tube seals soon and run seafoam thu it while i have the cover off

Comment

Any trusted mechanic shop should be able to do it, if you don't trust yourself to do correctly. The key is just to make sure that your car is PERFECTLY at TDC #1.
                  I <3 My Honda CB9!
                  My Hondas
                  1992 Integra LS Coupe (Sad story...)
                  1995 Civic VP Coupe (Traded for->)
                  2002 Civic EX Coupe (Traded for->)
                  2006 Acura MDX (Long story...)
                  1988 Accord DX Sedan (Donated to a friend)
                  1992 Accord LX Wagon (Sad Story)

Comment

ok ill do that cuz i can do the seals

Comment

Hm. I agree with everyone on the accelerating quick into the next gear thing, rather than slooooowly accelerating for ages. I guess for a lot of people, like myself, that the feeling you get that you're saving gas by accelerating slowly gives you the mentality that... you're saving gas. Although slow acceleration can help, it has a lot to do with when you upshift (if you drive stick, or can manipulate the automatic).

I drive a '91 EX auto. On my last tank of gas, I got about 26 MPG, two higher than I usually do. On that tank, I got lazy, sick and tired of driving slowly so I punched it everywhere I went.. not really punched, but I let the RPMs get up to 3500 at the highest before I let it shift. I was expecting negative fuel economy results but was pretty surprised. I didn't even change my driving pattern or go anywhere different on that tank.
                      1991 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE
                      2014 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD ----- 2000 Honda Odyssey LX
                      2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S ------ 1994 Toyota Corolla DX
                      2001 Subaru Outback --------- 1990 Infiniti M30

Comment

take the bus.
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                          take the bus.
                          LOL

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I talk to people as if I were texting my girlfriend... that saves time, and therefore saves gas!

Comment

Working...
                            X