Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhaust for stock motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust for stock motor

Whats up fellas? I have a 91 with 160k miles on it. I already have a cold air intake, but looking for a little more outta the stock motor til I can afford a swap. I have to swap out the cat anyways, it's rattling. So, do I use a stock cat? What header would be best, doesn't have to be top of the line. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Contact me for custom vinyl stickers: StickyFingasCustoms@yahoo.com

I would go with a stock oem cat you wont notice that much of a diffrence with a high flow cat and get a DC header its carb legal
    MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

What about mufflers? What would u suggest?

Comment

part 1 ) when i started with exhaust , i would buy parts and not install them until i had it complete. for a few bucks you can score a F22A6 exhaust manifold , then replace pipes with 2.25 plumbing, the factory catt. will be fine . for low budget hp. increase . ( not much , but it will add up )

part 2) if i had it to do over i would get a apex ws2 muffler . i have a magnaflow and i do like it , but its kinda loud . a great j/k find is a 06- civic stock muffler or any wrx muffler .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

thanks for the help, ill see what i can find. So the F22A6 exhaust manifold will bolt right up and flow better? Ill hit up the junk yard again then, or ebay, or CL. thanks again

Comment

If you have an F22A4, the header on there is pretty good.
            In CA, you'll need a CARB exempt header, so DC Sports is one of your only options. OBX might be... worth looking into, anyway. They're cheaper.

You won't gain much from a header, unless you get a Bisimoto header.

Comment

Maybe I'll just keep the stock one on there.

Comment

There is a member local to me who ran a high 14 with a stock axle back and bolt ons with an f22. You dont need an aftermarket exhaust to get performance.

Comment

I'm not expecting too much on the performance end of things, just a little better sound. Not gonna worry about performance til after the swap...whenever that happens.

Comment

OEM cat is gonna cost you. If the old one is just rattling, it may just be the heat shields. I was gonna replace the cat on my EX because I had to cut the studs to remove it from the flex pipe (flex section rotted)and both heat shields were gone. Aftermarket one I bought was a POS. I salvaged the OEM by installing new studs. Probably shouldn't have bothered, but I put new heat shields on as well - looked great (should have taken pictures!).
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                      There is a member local to me who ran a high 14 with a stock axle back and bolt ons with an f22. You dont need an aftermarket exhaust to get performance.
                      I find that hard to believe... unless that member absolutely stripped the shit out of that car. Drop the weight to 1800lbs like kentucky_accord did, and sure... it'd run quick with a near-stock engine... but I haven't even gotten into the 14s with my H22 yet!

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                      OEM cat is gonna cost you. If the old one is just rattling, it may just be the heat shields. I was gonna replace the cat on my EX because I had to cut the studs to remove it from the flex pipe (flex section rotted)and both heat shields were gone. Aftermarket one I bought was a POS. I salvaged the OEM by installing new studs. Probably shouldn't have bothered, but I put new heat shields on as well - looked great (should have taken pictures!).
                      Yeah, a true OEM cat is not cheap. I have an aftermarket cat on my car that a muffler shop installed... the cat and the full custom exhaust (muffler too) was $400 installed.

Most "performance" cats are crap. Especially when they cost less than stock. SMSP makes a decent performance cat, and they're actually pretty reasonably priced. They just need flanges welded on.

Comment

Working...
                      X