Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With more than 300whp, you're going to be running into traction issues anyway... that won't be very fun to drive when you aren't looking to push the car to the limit.

Also, the more power you make, the worse your fuel consumption is going to be. I wouldn't expect a really powerful turbo car to get mileage better than a modern V8 (unless that V8 is modified...)

If you get a larger turbo that you can drive around out of boost... then you'll be able to save fuel. A smaller turbo that spools quickly will result in more fuel consumption. I remember MRX saying his 300-ish hp car was getting 32mpg when he was driving it like a granny, shifting before it saw any real boost from the turbo.

Comment

so would my ebay turbo done the job? I opted for some slightly bigger and with a background. There are so many options and upgradable things that I don't think ill ever get it dont,even having hard time picking rims nd color of the car lol. I suppose the more internally built the motor is the more power it makes easier and quicker than say a small turbo on stock internals. 32 mpg I have never heard such so cut the malarky lol. I could understand that though without going into fully boost. I guess I could do that aswell if I get my foot out of it but I plan on running a stall so that may opt me out for that. I am having boost withdrawl now lol.

Comment

The strength of the internals has nothing to do with the ease or speed of power production. It merely means that the engine can withstand that level of power. The turbo itself, the flow capabilities engine and all intake/exhaust piping, the engine's compression, and the tuning are what affect power production.

32mpg is certainly doable. Essentially, that motor was running N/A while that mpg was achieved... MRX was light on the throttle, and the engine never saw boost. Of course, he also knew how to tune his own engine, which makes a world of difference (he got me 32mpg from my H22 with a fairly quick street tune, without half of the equipment he needed.)

Comment

dang deev, you killing me with info. I need to be more active. I hear that tuning is hrd but I guess everything is easier when you practice and actually want to do it or need to do it. forgive me for the intermissions between messages I'm at work. putting it off and paying someone to do it seems better but I think ill need to know just in case that person isn't able to get to my car when I need them. seeing no boost or low boost is a stealth method to I bet. a guy here has a 480whp teg that he can drive daily but is cautious of doing so. I bet the cons that you are giving me are reasons for this. do you know if any of the members you are referring to kept the a/c or p/s?

Comment

PS you can keep. AC requires a custom turbo manifold, as most common log style manifolds put the turbo and piping right in the way of the AC components.

The best bet is to just do your research before you go blowing money on parts. It seems to me that you only know the bare basics at best... NONE of it is "hard", even the tuning. It just involves learning and understanding information.
            Going to someone and paying them to do it for you is one way... but if you don't know what they're doing, you wouldn't know if they're doing it wrong... so learning how things should be done is key no matter what.

Comment

well i been looking and reading into the cb7 since i got it and found this forum. i dont know it all like you and i never thought i would go for speed since my car had 19s and system you know. I admit i dont know everything and i wish i woulda done more research into turbo a year and a half ago. I have looked into alot of the things you have said before this post it just good to know that i have people to turn to for questions and opinions on the things i want and need for my car.I read alot about the things i was getting into before buying the basics like intake header and exhaust. Now when pistons and tuning came into the mix i started researching.But sleeves and the other things i have inquired about i never thought i would actually go this far to getting.

Comment

Working...
              X