Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

VTEC sound on non-VTEC motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VTEC sound on non-VTEC motor

so as im driving and i put my foot into it. is it normal for our cars to feel like vtec at 4k. i dont have vtec but ill be driving it and even putting my foot half into it once it kits 4k its like theres a small vtec feeling. is this normal or not?
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

If you have an a6, it's probably the IABs.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

The IABs open around then. If you have an A6 (which is the stock motor for all SE models), that is what you are experiencing.

You could also have your ignition timing advanced, which would put the powerband in a higher RPM range than it should be.

Comment

powerband? when the car begins to make the most power
        Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

The powerband is the engine's most usable range of power production.

Comment

wow solid! im lucky i found me my f22a6..

Comment

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Comment

at around 4k, i usually just step on the pedal harder to give the same effect.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I haven't driven my car in forever... so VTEC kicks in whenever I stop humming "mmmmmmm" and start yelling "BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" while sitting in the driver's seat.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                    If you have an a6, it's probably the IABs.
                    wut exactly are IABs and wut does it do......sorta new to this...also i have an a6

Comment

Originally posted by Melgottaexcoupe View Post
                      wut exactly are IABs and wut does it do......sorta new to this...also i have an a6
                      Intake air bypass, the "secondary intake runners".

It keeps the 4 valves in the intake manifold sealed shut. When those valves are closed, only the primary runners are flowing. Once you are in the high revs, the box releases the vaccum and the spring loaded valves open up so that you have secondary intake runners, which allow you to flow a higher volume of air at high RPM.

... or something like that.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

yes i remember this same vtec sound from my couzins EX a6 but i believe he had ported and polished the head and intake manifold. I must say i love the sound when he steps on it

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                          Intake air bypass, the "secondary intake runners".

It keeps the 4 valves in the intake manifold sealed shut. When those valves are closed, only the primary runners are flowing. Once you are in the high revs, the box releases the vaccum and the spring loaded valves open up so that you have secondary intake runners, which allow you to flow a higher volume of air at high RPM.

... or something like that.
                          thanks for the info on IABs.. i was curious what they were since i'm always hearing ppl talk about a similar function to vtec.

so the f22a6 motors are the only f series with the IAB function? and the h22 motors have it as well am i right?
                          RIP '91 LX.

Comment

H22 and H23 motors have it, and I'm sure the later model F series have it as well. The F22A6 is the only engine among the 3 USDM CB motors that has it.

It's not really similar to VTEC, other than the fact that it flows a greater volume of air at a higher RPM. VTEC adjusts the actual cam profile, and has a much greater impact. The IAB system is nice, though.

Comment

IAB's are great and that's what your feeling, it's just more air I believe that goes more directly into the combustion chamber. I believe that's it.
                              Current:
                              2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                              1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                              1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Working...
                              X