Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loss of power

Engine stutters between the approximate RPM range 2400-3600. Most noticeable on acceleration, but also occurs with a constant speed. Engine runs more roughly that it used to, and runs slightly hotter than it used to, and seems to lack the amount of power it used to as well. Problem also becomes increasing noticeable as the engine warms up, from hardly noticeable at all when the car is cold, to very noticeable when the car is hot. help

could be your ignitor. is your tach bouncing all around?
    COUPE K24

Comment

no its working fine.

Comment

Have you replaced the anything to do with the ignition or fuel systems? If they are still stock or have been replaced awhile ago or replaced with cheap parts one of them could have gone bad.

I would start at your plugs work you way through testing all the ignition components (plugs, wires, cap ,rotor, coil, ignition control, igniter) then check your O2 sensor (they go bad and alot of the time dont through a CEL when they do.) after that check your injectors make sure they are working right.

This can not be correctly tested with out a multi meter So I hope you have one or can borrow one.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I get a similar loss of power with my car, and I believe that it is the fault of the o2 sensor (the issue went away when I switched to a fuel map that disabled the o2 sensor)

If your CEL comes on at highway speed, around 50mph, then chances are good that it will read Code 43... which is 99% of the time pointing to the o2 sensor (even though it says "fuel supply system")

Comment

no the cel doesn't come on at highway speeds, but i see that the dizzy is leaking. i think it may be the inner seal. the bottom of the rotor cap has some oil on it. i think its time to be replace. not to long ago i replaced the outseal and its been on there a while. 224,xxx

Comment

If you have oil inside your distributor then yeah...fix that first.

If it's the cap gasket or the o-ring you are in luck. If it's the inner seal/shaft seal then you may want to consider just buying a new distributor.

I was thinking it was the rotor button set screw...as we all know they like to back themselves out.

I would replace the spark plugs too if they are old/worn. At roughly $2 a pop it's worth it.

Comment

The set screw where is that located. i'm not fimilar with taken apart dizzys are rather f22xs

Comment

The rotor set screw is what holds the rotor onto the shaft. Take off the distributor cap and you'll see it on the base of the rotor. You may need to turn the engine over manually to gain access to it.

Comment

o.k just replaced the rotor and cap. its still sputtering, but i do feel more power. I believe replacing it was way over due. I still could not find the set screw, so i just simply pop of the rotor. there wasn't any screw on the shaft holding the button on, must not be JDM.

I was talking to a friend of mine and he suggested the MAP sensor. think that would have a affected on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X