Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

over heating w/ head gasket done less thank a year ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over heating w/ head gasket done less thank a year ago

So today i ran my cb for a 5 mile drive and it was over heating like crazy at least thats what the gauge was saying but i saw no smoke anywhere..also i just go all the gaskets replaced including the head gasket,new radiator ,thermostat, timing belt but unfortunately no water pump replacement was done( <i know so dumb ) also iv'e noticed a small amount of oil leakage so when i looked under the car when it was raised i saw oil all over starting from the head down ...i also think my valve cover is soaking up some oil too since i looks shiny more or more like a wet look ... so these are my conclusions..
    1. bad head gasket or improper installation( also because I'm unsure if the head bolts were replaced or reused even though the mechanic said he got new ones with the new head )
    2. Bad Temperature sensor ( was not replaced when other major engine work was done )
    3. Bad water pump

so tell me what you think i maybe ..remember it's not smoking.. i remember i had smoke when the head warped on me so i don't think it's that even though it's kinda leaking small amounts of oil
    Last edited by ambientwater; 03-25-2011, 03:44 PM. Reason: for got to cross my t's
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

Well the oil might be a warped head this happened to me after i overheated. I think you have a bad thermostat mine lasted 5 months.
    Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
    Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pedalpusher90 View Post
      Well the oil might be a warped head this happened to me after i overheated. I think you have a bad thermostat mine lasted 5 months.
      the beginning of your post i didn't understand but as i mentioned i just got my head replaced because it was warped before

Comment

so first thing, you cant assume the head gasket yet. You said its oily on the valve cover so it COULD of trickled down. So clean your motor.

Second, when it overheats open the engine bay and CHECK AND FEEL the lower and upper hose. If the top one is hotter than the bottom then you have a thermostat issue.

I believe you can check water pump impeller flow by taking off the top hose and seeing if you got flow on start up. I think you can see it to with the radiator cap off but not as evident if the radiator is full.

You can also have air.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua2wu7kojgA

Watch it it shows how crazy its acting its my dd so it was fine yesterday over heats quick

Comment

Fixed !!!! i was he damn heater hose ...didn't see it leaking until i put the heat on full blast...thanks for the input guys

Comment

Good job dude!
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
              X