Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

is my dizzy and coil pack failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is my dizzy and coil pack failing

So I just rebuilt the top end of my motor., and im misfiring my 4th cylinder.
    New spark plugs
    new wires
    new dizzy cap
    new dizzy rotor
    so at first when i start my car it revs to 25k rpms
    than it will stay that way for about 10 seconds and slowly drop
    after that it than fluctuates between 1k-25k rpms
    after it warms up when im driving i have a severe lack of power before 2k rpm
    just tonight i came to a red light and it dropped to 800 than to 600.
    a little later it started to idle at 1.5k-2k and when i would decelerate the car would just keep running the same speed.
    now it fluctuates between 500-600
    Here's a curve ball when i went to look under my hood my header was glowing red through my titanium wrap and my fuel pressure is at 35psi.
    can somebody please help me im really tired and frustrated
    Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
    Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

sounds like your timing is off.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

electrical or mechanical
      I thought i douple checked the valve timing
      when i went to do the spark timing..... oooops i timed it from the 4th plug and not the 1st guess i need to do that what about the missing in the 4th it has a very eratic spark

Comment

your head was GLOWING RED? I would stop driving it right now. It shouldn't get that hot. Your timing is probably a couple teeth off on the T-belt.

The distributor should be centered in the cylinder head adjustment range, if its turned way CCW or CW, then your physical timing is off and you have to remove the belt and slide it back on correctly.

But it also sounds to me that your IAC, idle air control valve is bad, if it fluctuates like that

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i know im not more that one tooth off on my belt, and my header is glowing red not the head, that would really suck

Comment

Originally posted by pedalpusher90 View Post
            i know im not more that one tooth off on my belt, and my header is glowing red not the head, that would really suck
            oh whoops, i meant to say header. But yeah do you own a timing light? its pretty easy to check to see if your car is timed properly.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

yes i do own a timing light and it is pretty easy to do it

Comment

Alright so i checked my camshaft timing and my electric timing and both are good. This is one of those all of the sudden things. My car ran fine for 150 miles minus the misfire in the 4th cylinder. so when i press the clutch while my rpms are above 2k the ca car will idle at about 2500 and than drop after 10 seconds. If I press the clutch in while im under 2000rpms the rpms will drop to 800 than fluctuate between 500-700rpms i really think this is an ignition problem but please help me me out.

Comment

Alright so the fluxuating rpm is a vacuum hose leak which i will fix this weekend. The misfire happened to be either a coil pack or distributor, which i replaced both last night. and i am going to replace the IAV valve this weekend aswell to see if that fixes my wierd idle issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X